Full synthetic vs. Blended synthetic

Walmart has a store band brand full synthetic but my question was I put less than 2,000 km Year my vehicle I just used it to go shopping a couple times a week but I changed it once a year regardless but but I live in Alberta and you know it. Pretty cold what a blended synthetic feed start just as well in the cold Should I stick to full synthetic what do you all think appreciate any help

In the proper grade, any oil will server you well for 2000 km/yr even in the cold.
IMO, "SYN/BLEND" oils are more about marketing due to, we just don't know how much synthetic oil in in that blend. I'll tell ya right now that it isn't 50%/50% the way so many people assume. Thus rendering Syn/Blend oils a poor value...again, my opinion!

And most regular(conventional oils) that are specifically labeled "Conventional" are in fact already a syn/blend but, at a lower amount of synthetic oil in them. Most folks don't know this! :)

However, the prices of W*M FULL SYNTHETIC vs their CONVENTIONAL OIL (at least here in the states), is so close in price that it becomes the "compelling argument" of why use anything other than a full synthetic.

In the proper grade, any oil will server you well for 2000 km/yr even in the cold.
IMO, "SYN/BLEND" oils are more about marketing due to, we just don't know how much synthetic oil in in that blend. I'll tell ya right now that it isn't 50%/50% the way so many people assume. Thus rendering Syn/Blend oils a poor value...again, my opinion!

And most regular(conventional oils) that are specifically labeled "Conventional" are in fact already a syn/blend but, at a lower amount of synthetic oil in them. Most folks don't know this! :)

However, the prices of W*M FULL SYNTHETIC vs their CONVENTIONAL OIL (at least here in the states), is so close in price that it becomes the "compelling argument" of why use anything other than a full synthetic.
Thank you for your information the Walmart blend here is about $30 Canadian which what is that $2 us seriously what's 40 bucks us so can't go wrong there and oil and gas even though it comes from here is very expensive BP over $5 a gallon for gasoline regular anyways I'm going to stick to the full suit that cuz it gets down to in Fahrenheit-15 - 20 car starts up but I think I I wore out of my main engine seal and I've been using that Lucas but I don't put enough miles on it's a different subject is that blue devil really work for sealing up oil leaks cuz I only have 60,000 miles on my car we help again but which be appreciated

Synthetic blend oils are produced to allow the manufacturer to meet certain industry standards while doing so at a reduction in overall cost. A conventional mineral oil will meet API SP and ILSAC but the synthetic blend version of the same oil might also meet DEXOS-1. The addition of the higher quality base fluid is necessary for the finished lube to meet the higher standard. It has never been about the amount of synthetic in the blend. It's always been about the finished blend meeting a standard.

Synthetic blends are not just marketing. They are a lower cost alternative to applications that may require them. If you need only the API/ILSAC generic requirements then you could get by with using the least expensive offerings. If your vehicle specifies an OEM approval then that may require a higher quality finished product and ultimately a higher priced product.

The winter rating determines the cranking performance and pumpability of the oil regardless of the base stock composition. Any oil with a 5W rating is completely sufficient for -15 to -20F.

Walmart has a store band brand full synthetic but my question was I put less than 2,000 km Year my vehicle I just used it to go shopping a couple times a week but I changed it once a year regardless but but I live in Alberta and you know it. Pretty cold what a blended synthetic feed start just as well in the cold Should I stick to full synthetic what do you all think appreciate any help
Stay away from any "blend" they don't perform any better than regular oils and as others have said you have no idea what is the % of synthetic.
If you really want better protection go with full synthetic.

Back