Fuel Injection Cleaners

Hey guy’s,

What fuel injector cleaner would you use for light injector cleaning… Chevron Techron or Seafoam? Have anyone used BG 44K complete Fuel System Cleaner, Adding the cleaner to premium fuel…Thanks

Attachments

• C58A1B97-91DF-486C-B34A-5B60B54011A3.jpg
    C58A1B97-91DF-486C-B34A-5B60B54011A3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 5D36BCE7-4306-4101-8A36-BF0F7BD9089B.jpg
    5D36BCE7-4306-4101-8A36-BF0F7BD9089B.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DBE5AD60-BFDC-4C7D-811D-299157420246.jpg
    DBE5AD60-BFDC-4C7D-811D-299157420246.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 40
I've used Techron and the Red Line cleaner, but what's most important might be the use of a good brand of Top Tier gasoline. I have only put non-Top Tier in the Camry two or three times, and that was when I was traveling and TT was unavailable.

I've recently used Fram brand FI cleaner in a motorcycle that had been sitting for a few years. It ran really bad when I got it, but after about 15 gallons of treated gas ran thru it, it; started running like new. I've tried almost every brand of cleaner at one time or another, and to tell you the truth they all did what I asked of them. The $6.99 a bottle stuff worked just as good as the $19.99 stuff. ,,

What fuel injector cleaner would you use for light injector cleaning…
If you just need light cleaning, gasoline has all the detergents you need to clean it up. The only thing those bottles clean out is your wallet. If it's worse than than that, some people say the cleaner that you plug into the fuel rail and run the engine off of for 10 minutes is more useful. But if it's that bad, might as well pull the injectors and send them out for ultrasonic cleaning.

Additives are fine for prevention but if the injectors are clogged for whatever reason, they need professional cleaning or the cleaner needs to be added in the fuel rail. A small can added to 10-20 gallons of fuel is not going to do much.

Isn't it?

zddp does quite a lot, with 0.7% concentration and for thousands of miles.

Surface active ingredients don't need high concentrations.

Burning Chevron with Techron already in it has worked in my FI engines since 1995.

Hey guy’s,

What fuel injector cleaner would you use for light injector cleaning… Chevron Techron or Seafoam? Have anyone used BG 44K complete Fuel System Cleaner, Adding the cleaner to premium fuel…Thanks

Seafoam is nothing special when it comes to cleaning fuel injectors, Techron would be my choice between those two without question.

I have used and do recommend BG 44k because the effects of the product last for 10,000 to 15,000 miles. Second to that I would recommend using Royal Purple Max Clean which I have gotten good results from as well for up to 10,000 miles, Royal Purple Max Atomizer has been a solid product for me as well.

Seafoam is nothing special when it comes to cleaning fuel injectors, Techron would be my choice between those two without question.

I have used and do recommend BG 44k because the effects of the product last for 10,000 to 15,000 miles. Second to that I would recommend using Royal Purple Max Clean which I have gotten good results from as well for up to 10,000 miles, Royal Purple Max Atomizer has been a solid product for me as well.
I’ll take a look at Techron fuel injector cleaner…Thanks

All the top tier gas in the world won't do diddly if you are a short trip driver like me.
Techron. It's the only 1 backed up by tons of studies.

All the top tier gas in the world won't do diddly if you are a short trip driver like me.
Techron. It's the only 1 backed up by tons of studies.
If they tie Techron’s cleaning ability to a given chemical (in this case, PEA), then theoretically any formula containing PEA in like concentrations should produce similar results.

I used Techron until they got stupid expensive, then the Gumout AIO, and have settled on Redline SI-1 (which may be re-evaluated since it’s now ~$18+). I generally use Berryman’s B12 in OPE and my ZT.

TBH, my injectors must stay plenty clean enough using Marathon gas and periodically Casey’s E85 or E15 blends, because I’ve never been able to discern any difference in mpg or performance after using any of the injector cleaners. Chalk one up for the marketing departments, I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Back