Fuel filler's on the left, genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On some cars that don't have an indication at the fuel gauge, I've taped a note that says "FUEL FILL →" on the dash.

For a similar reason my Wife puts L and R on all my socks. That saves alot off time in the morning especially mondays!!

Originally Posted By: Kestas
On some cars that don't have an indication at the fuel gauge, I've taped a note that says "FUEL FILL →" on the dash.

Yeah, my '77 Chevy pickup has fuel tank inlets on both sides, my '95 Civic is on the left as is the old '75 Dodge Dart parked out on my back patio.

My '65 Dodge Coronet 500 had the filler behind the license plate but I didn't care much for it there because the cap seal had to be PERFECT or you would dribble out gasoline going uphill- and that ol' 383-4V needed all the fuel I could put in it because of my depleted uranium foot!!!!!

The best stealth fuel filler was on the 1974 Grand Fury. It was behind a flip down panel. Every license plate was managed by gas jockeys trying to pull the plate down.

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
This hole thread reminds me of the popularity of left handed coffee mugs.
Aren't they right/left handed depending on how you hold it?

Did I miss something?

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Had several GM products like that...it was very handy. Too bad they did away with it.
frown.gif

My GN is like that. It's funny how it would "accidentally" get left down sometimes in my younger days.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
I miss the days when a lot of cars had their fuel filler behind the license plate, dead center of the car.
thumbsup2.gif
My parents pos 79 newyorker had it above the rear tag and my 80 malibu was behind the rear tag as was my moms 83 cadd' and 91 caprice.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
The best stealth fuel filler was on the 1974 Grand Fury. It was behind a flip down panel. Every license plate was managed by gas jockeys trying to pull the plate down.

Nope, the best was my dad's 55 Nash. One taillight had a little lip to flip it up. Better yet, very few Nashes around to educate the kids at the service station.

I hate and despise the right side fillers. With one of each, I often pull up on the wrong side. They also mess up gas station lines.

My Dad's '58 Chevy had an access panel on the rear, above the bumper. The panel had indentations to make it look like there were 5 sections, but only the second section pivoted up to reveal the filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back