Fuel Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time that stopped working on that hp/cc game of top this that they've been so fascinated with. The conversion process should be interesting.

When it gets here I will be buying one... I get paid mileage from work and with the money I won't be spending in fuel (currently $800/month) will pay for this vehicle then I will reap the benefits after it's paid for, and actually make money with it!
20.gif

Way to go VW

Originally Posted By: StevieC
When it gets here I will be buying one... I get paid mileage from work and with the money I won't be spending in fuel (currently $800/month) will pay for this vehicle then I will reap the benefits after it's paid for, and actually make money with it!
20.gif

Way to go VW

Great idea but by the time this becomes a vehicle in the U.S. it will by fattened up with safety features etc. and I bet won't break 70 mpg (which is still better than anything out there).

Also VW would have to get over the classic "americans only want big cars" hurdle that it seems every manufacturer runs into. You would think they would have learned by now. We need the fiat 500, 500 Abarth, Suzuki Swift, CIVIC DIESEL, and VW polo diesel right now! The VW Blue tec diesel polo is about as good as it gets right now in terms of mpg but it has really impressive highway numbers. That civic diesel has impressive numbers also. the technology already exists in europe and these cars are on the roads there (polo and civic diesel) but they fatten everything up or don't even bother to bring it to the U.S.

It will never happen... (Bringing small cars here now...) Big Oil controls the government, and the government controls what's allowed and not allowed on our roads. They will make up some "it's not safe" B.S. even though in Europe there are tons of them running around at speeds much greater than what they allow here.

"Speed Kills" don't forget... It's not "Stupid Drivers" but "Speed"
smirk2.gif

Reminds me of that that Jeremy Clarkson quote, I think it is one someone's sig here, "Speed is not the problem, Speed never killed anyone, it's suddenly becoming stationary that gets you" btw, the new top gear series starts tomorrow at 8pm British time.

Quote:
Great idea but by the time this becomes a vehicle in the U.S. it will by fattened up with safety features etc. and I bet won't break 70 mpg (which is still better than anything out there).

Yep. It needs to be massaged like Kobe beef before we can put our hands on it. It will either be bloated beyond sensibility or priced into the range to make it a loser over driving a regular guzzler.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It's about time that stopped working on that hp/cc game of top this that they've been so fascinated with. The conversion process should be interesting.

+1. It is for the most part the same science and technology set, just applied a different way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back