Fuchs Titan GT1 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Application in question is an '04 Lancer with a 1.6L L4 (4G18) with 80,000 km (50,000 miles). I've recently completed an ARX clean phase on this vehicle with PP 10W-30, and now it's in the rinse stage with PP 5W-30. Following treatment, the plan is to switch to a full synthetic.

Initially, I was determined to go with M1 0W-40. But I've been made a brilliant offer on Fuchs Titan 5W-30 for half the cost of M1. Being a European synthetic, it's a true synthetic to boot. The only problem is the specification, however.

According to the manual, the oil must meet API SG or higher, ILSAC GF-3 or higher, ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 or A5/B5. Below are the specifications for Titan 5W-30:

• ACEA A3/B4/ C3
• MB 229.31
• BMW LongLife 04

Although this oil does not meet API specifications, the manual okays an ACEA A3/B4 oil - unless the oil has to meet an API SG or higher and ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 or A5/B5. I'm thinking it would be alright to go ahead and use it, but it makes me a bit nervous. Any thoughts? Thanks!

IMO, the specs you listed are much more stringent than API SG, so you should be fine. I've heard quite good feedback on Fuchs Titan oils.

Thanks for the input! I'm using this oil in an ML500 with 1 year oil changes at 15,000 km (9,750 mile) OCIs and it's brilliant in that application. But I'm attempting to push 20,000 km (12,500 miles) or 1 year OCIs in the Lancer as that is its annual mileage. A UOA will tell the story.
wink.gif
This is also the factory fill for Mercedes engines, if they haven't changed it.

How much is it, if you don't mind me asking?
55.gif

The only problem with this oil is that you have to be careful pronouncing Fuchs.
LOL.gif

I would definitely use it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS

I thought MB was using M1 0w-40 as factory fill?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I thought MB was using M1 0w-40 as factory fill?

Only one these models...

Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles
Mercedes SLR McLaren

Originally Posted By: BimmerMan
How much is it, if you don't mind me asking?
55.gif

The only problem with this oil is that you have to be careful pronouncing Fuchs.
LOL.gif

I would definitely use it.

No problem! It's $5.70 USD per litre, as opposed to $11 per litre of M1 0W-40.
55.gif

Yes, one should be careful about the pronunciation!
LOL.gif

I've been using Fuchs for many years,and the Mitsi shop were I am now uses Fuchs for all their oil (except Mitsubishi MSL) We have CFX for cars and Ultralube for diesels in our bulk tanks....both 15/40.I'd be happy to use it in anything.

No problem! It's $5.70 USD per litre, as opposed to $11 per litre of M1 0W-40.
55.gif

Wow!! That's a good price.
55.gif

Definitely!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Silk
I've been using Fuchs for many years,and the Mitsi shop were I am now uses Fuchs for all their oil (except Mitsubishi MSL) We have CFX for cars and Ultralube for diesels in our bulk tanks....both 15/40.I'd be happy to use it in anything.

Thanks for the input! I've tried their mineral 15W-40, which was a brilliant oil. But that was API certified, and it was the lack of API certification of this 5W-30 that had me a bit worried. But now that there's much endorsement to go ahead and use it, I'm definitely going for it!
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back