Free Pennzoil & Analysis Kit Came! - I've got ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... YAY! It came
grin.gif

It was a surprise, really, since I never got notified of when it was going to be shipped.

Secondly, also a surprise to me, not only is it [the new GTL] PUP (which I expected), but it's actually the high mileage version, which is awesome.

I took some pics:

Click to reveal..

---

Anyway, here's my questions.

1. When the time comes to change my oil, when I am taking the sample of my used oil, should I:

A. take it right away after taking off the drain plug
B. wait a short amount of time then take it
C. wait a longer amount of time (please specify how long)

2. Does this free analysis include TBN (as in, also for free - or, would I have to pay for that extra)?

3. This is a naive question, lol... But, I'm assuming I have to pay for shipping, yes? If so, do I just use a regular stamp, or do I need to take it to my post office and have it weighed? (If so, that's easy, I live less than a mile from a post office anyway).

---

Thanks
smile.gif

~ Triton

1. Mid stream.

2. Ask them.

3. Put it in a box and use the shipping calculator on the USPS website for cost information.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
1. Mid stream.

2. Ask them.

3. Put it in a box and use the shipping calculator on the USPS website for cost information.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
1. Mid stream.

2. TBN doesn't included with this free analysis.

3. Pre-paid envelop is included.

1. Okay, mid-stream it is.

2. Thanks, I'll probably skip the TBN.

3. Well, I thought that, but the envelope doesn't have a stamp of any sort on it...

89fa382c83.JPG

~ Triton

Still waiting for mine to come back.

Wondering if it got there.. .

Will call to find out after christmas...

Looks like what you received was PP high mileage, not PU. As far as I've seen, I don't think they make a high mileage version of PU.

Originally Posted By: Chewie
Looks like what you received was PP high mileage, not PU. As far as I've seen, I don't think they make a high mileage version of PU.

Ahh, good catch. Yeah, sorry, I'm not the best with the abbreviations of the newer oils yet.

But it is still the new GTL version nonetheless.

~ Triton

I may be wrong, I mailed the UOA kit in the pre-address envelop 3-4 months ago, so I may had to put some stamps on it.

You may need to spend few buck for stamp to mail the UOA kit, which isn't too bad.

That envelope is not pre-paid. You'll have to either apply enough stamps, print out a Priority Mail label from the USPS website, or bring it to the Post Office for them to do it.

if you have a local pack and ship you would be best to send it to Blackstone that way , for about 6 bucks you have a tracking number ,I use Fed Ex ground it takes 1 day to get there from where I live and the post office can take up to 2 weeks to deliver to Blackstone , I quit mailing them a long tome ago , as the post office is not fond of liquids

If you seal the bottle with tape, wrap it in something, & mail it (by printing out a label off USPS' website), that's the cheapest way to get it there. I usually put mine in a small box & mail it, you'll get a tracking number when you mail it.

Originally Posted By: Nitronoise
if you have a local pack and ship you would be best to send it to Blackstone that way , for about 6 bucks you have a tracking number ,I use Fed Ex ground it takes 1 day to get there from where I live and the post office can take up to 2 weeks to deliver to Blackstone , I quit mailing them a long tome ago , as the post office is not fond of liquids

For $5.15, you could print out a Priority Mail label on your computer and put the package in your mailbox. That comes with tracking too.

My envelope was prepaid, just dropped into a blue USPS box on the corner. However, I never had a problem at the post office when shipping just the black bottles by themselves, no box or envelope. When I asked them about it they only commented that their scanners didn't like reading the barcodes on the round bottles. The square ones are not a problem.

Just got our first UOA back of PUP 5w20

Last edited:
I sent out my pennzoil supplied UOA first week of November and never got my results. Pennzoil referred me to blackstone to see if they received it. They said they didn't.... Soooooo, my second UOA will be on its way soon, hopefully they receive it because these are the only times in my life that I will do a UOA. It seems like there have been many others in the UOA program that never received their results as well.

I'm okay with it tho, can't beat 2 free oil changes, minus the oil filter of course!

I haven't been on the site in a while... just curious, where did you get that free oil and analysis kit? Very neat. I haven't even seen the Pennzoil Platinum HM in stores yet, though I'd love to try some in our tC and Celica that I feel would both benefit from it.

The way i got a kit was by asking a member by the name of genafishbeck. I may have spelt the name wrong. I assume it is a woman but i have no idea!

I just checked my second UOA kit and the envelope does not have postage on it. The first one had postage in the range of $5 or so. Im beginning to think that postage was costing too much and most of the UOA kits arent even being rcvd by blackstone. Honestly, this is more of a USPS problem which is why i never ship anything with them.

My sample was taken 12/13, mailed 12/14, results in my inbox 12/17 @ 16:49hrs. Postage was paid by Pennzoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back