Free 2007 Ford Five Hundred

Only the AWD models have the CVT, the FWD models have a 6 speed aisin box.
Ok. My company used Fords and they bought a lot of the Freestyles one year. Every one of them had transmission failure leaving reps stranded all over the country. Ford wouldn't cooperate at all. So the Co moved to Chrysler because of the 100k warranties. Well my Dodge Journey V6 crapped out at about 20+k. Chrysler wouldn't cover it and a long battle occurred. I didn't care because I was in nice rentals. The rockers were all on one assembly that bolted to the head. The metal just disintegrated allowing the rockers to move front to rear. There was no metal in the "metal". Chrysler told the company that Journeys did not have 100k warranties when all the literature said they did.

I also noticed brakes are pretty reasonable for this platform as well. I paid 224 dollars for front rotors, rear rotors and pads. Like middle of the road Centrics.

If not rusted underneath, will run a long time. Bad underbody rusting killed most of them up here; see very few today.

Solid car. Coworkers wife drove her AWD version to well over 350k before it was totaled in after she was t-boned on her way to work. The AWD models used a Haldex AWD system taken from Volvo, as the Five Hundred was loosely based on the Volvo S80/XC90 platform.

As such, the Five Hundred/Montego drive much more like a European sedan than anything Ford had at the time.

Solid car. Coworkers wife drove her AWD version to well over 350k before it was totaled in after she was t-boned on her way to work. The AWD models used a Haldex AWD system taken from Volvo, as the Five Hundred was loosely based on the Volvo S80/XC90 platform.

As such, the Five Hundred/Montego drive much more like a European sedan than anything Ford had at the time.
This.
And the high H Point seating position gives an almost SUV style view out to the road
They touted it in the commercials

FORScan will be your friend in diagnosis and repair

This.
And the high H Point seating position gives an almost SUV style view out to the road
They touted it in the commercials

FORScan will be your friend in diagnosis and repair

I was going to mention: the best part of Ford using a Volvo platform was the fact that you got all the Volvo engineering while getting Ford electronics. Not that that's a HUGE improvement, but personally I would sleep much better knowing should I have to diagnose an electrical issue it will likely be both easier and less expensive than it's European counterpart.

All finished with it. Ended up doing the water pump as a preventative measure. Also had to replace both rear calipers, but it was cheap.
So new fuel pump, front rotors and pads, rear calipers and pads, fuel filter, and plugs. Runs very nice, stops well. Cleaned up nice!
Hard for me to put that much love into a Ford. ;) . If she can get 250,000 to 275,000 out of it I will be pleased. Goes to its new home Wednesday.
20220430_145939.jpg

20220501_125528.jpg

20220430_111346.jpg

20220501_180429.jpg

20220501_182211.jpg

20220501_182419.jpg

they were pretty much a copy and paste with different interior/powertrain until the 2011 taurus and explorer showed up.

also inherited the world’s worst turning circle

They really weren't. Pop over to RockAuto and compare any given chassis part between a like-year S80 and Five Hundred. Not a single similarity. Yes, they shared platforms. However they were FAR from being "siblings".

If you're looking for similarity, the C1 platform is a much better example. Take a look at the Ford Focus/Mazda3/Volvo S40. THAT'S platform sharing.

All finished with it. Ended up doing the water pump as a preventative measure. Also had to replace both rear calipers, but it was cheap.
So new fuel pump, front rotors and pads, rear calipers and pads, fuel filter, and plugs. Runs very nice, stops well. Cleaned up nice!
Hard for me to put that much love into a Ford. ;) . If she can get 250,000 to 275,000 out of it I will be pleased. Goes to its new home Wednesday.
View attachment 98399

View attachment 98400

View attachment 98401
View attachment 98402
View attachment 98403
View attachment 98404
A solid 7/10
I'd kill for that condition paint on my DD
It'd be a 10/10 if the salvage yard nets you the alloy center caps, and a 30 second buff of the headlights
Sounds like some finishing touches the daughter could kick into her car, really make it hers (y)
You did get the keypad code for the doors right?

Back