Fram Tough Guard vs. Ecore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram Tough Guard vs. Ecore...

For a 5K OCI. Fram has the most efficient media, next to PureOne. But capacity is questionable.

Thoughts?

(Btw, if this wasn't your car, would the answer change?
grin.gif
)

TIA.

I would use the ecore. I've been perfectly happy with them, and I just don't see the reason to spend more money on the TG. If you want better filtration, Mobil, Amsoil, and K&N offer nice options.

E-Core. I cut one open recently and was impressed enough that I would use it on my own vehicle or anyone elses.

How about an ACdelco E-core? If they've kept the good media(which is also at the top for filtration) it would easily outdo the Fram on just about anything. No questionable ADBV, no internal shifting.

The Grease Oil Filter Study shows the Tough Guard to have a very efficient media, with very small pore sizes, if I recall correctly.

Back to the original topic... the biggest difference between the high-end Fram and an E-core is the huge price gap. I don't think I could get past that enough to compare anything else between them.

quote:

Originally posted by kanling:
Back to the original topic... the biggest difference between the high-end Fram and an E-core is the huge price gap. I don't think I could get past that enough to compare anything else between them.

Not sure about that. The tough guard isn't the top of the line Fram, it's about $5. An E-core could be a $2 Supertech or a $3.5 AC, or a number of other Champ made filters.

The biggest difference IMO is the guts. Champion uses a more modern plastic cage and superior ADBV, plus lots more media.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:

Supertech Ecores are Champions... aren't they?

Where's the superior ADBV?

Like I said supertechs, AC delco, Bosch, ect. The E-core has an ADBV which fits onto the center tube and base plate and does not use the end caps to center it like the Fram. It's also thick with curves which provide reinforcement.

Naysayers aside it's plainly obvious it will not fold in like Fram's can and does.

-T

For Ford cars Motorcraft is the only way to go_On the Ford site everybody hates Fram.Can everybody be wrong?Its enough to keep away from Fram.

I call Foul!!! FOUL, I say!!!
 -

Section 409-AB3 of the oil poster's guild clearly states that it is strictly forbidden to blow an alias cover that has been constructed for hiding one's identity.
nono.gif

Sanctions will be be applied. This may even lead to censure.
twak.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back