Fram power steering fluid - any good?

Advance Auto is running a two quarts for ten bucks deal on Fram PS fluid and I can't find any information on it here or anywhere else. Some on the motor oil but nothing on the PS fluid. Its attraction to me is that they include a made-for-Honda variety and I have three Hondas/Acuras that could use a PS flush. The OE Honda stuff is priced like, well, you know. Anybody know if the Fram fluid is good? I'm tempted to stock up.

I'm sure it is as good as any other parts store branded power steering fluid. As long as it has the appropriate approvals, then I would not hesitate to use it. I purchase power steering fluid on price and manufacturer's approval.

I have used the OReilly house brand Honda specific PS fluid in 3 or 4 Hondas, from a 98 Accord 4 banger to a 15 Oddy. With 3 TSXs in between.
About $6 per quart.

My manual calls for GM Power Steering Fluid GM Part No. 1052884 - 1 pint, 1050017 - 1 quart or equivalent.
I can't find anything on the Fram website. Do you know if this Fram Part No. F560 meets the requirements?

OIP.jpg

I have used this Fram OEM spec fluid in several GM cars and it works well. But you only need one quart for the Grand Prix (see my post in your other thread). Fram quarts are on sale right now at Advance for 4.99.

Edit: If your steering is notchy or otherwise problematic, a synthetic fluid with conditioners may be a better choice. I use Lucas, but Lubegard, etc are also good.

Last edited:
I have used this Fram OEM spec fluid in several GM cars and it works well. But you only need one quart for the Grand Prix (see my post in your other thread). Fram quarts are on sale right now at Advance for 4.99.

Edit: If your steering is notchy or otherwise problematic, a synthetic fluid with conditioners may be a better choice. I use Lucas, but Lubegard, etc are also good.
Thanks again, no, it's working pretty well. When it was really cold, I think it made just a tad of noise, and a slight stiffness, but just for a few seconds or so.

Back