Fram FPS7317 cut and post

You don’t see these very often. This Fram Pro Synthetic FPS7317 was used for two oil changes covering 30 months and about 5,500 miles on my 2007 Ridgeline. I changed it out early only due to time, not mileage. I don’t have a dedicated filter cutter, and my Ridgid 40 pipe cutter was pretty hard on the can. The cutting blade is so heavy duty it just doesn’t have a sharp enough edge to easily pierce the can. You’ll see that I buggered up the media during removal. The ADBV was very pliable. This filter was made in 2013, and I still have two more to use instead on my M35. This filter was definitely underused.

Attachments

• 7317a.JPG
    7317a.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 7317b.JPG
    7317b.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 7317c.JPG
    7317c.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 105
  • 7317d.JPG
    7317d.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 105
You don’t see these very often. This Fram Pro Synthetic FPS7317 was used for two oil changes covering 30 months and about 5,500 miles on my 2007 Ridgeline. I changed it out early only due to time, not mileage. I don’t have a dedicated filter cutter, and my Ridgid 40 pipe cutter was pretty hard on the can. The cutting blade is so heavy duty it just doesn’t have a sharp enough edge to easily pierce the can. You’ll see that I buggered up the media during removal. The ADBV was very pliable. This filter was made in 2013, and I still have two more to use instead on my M35. This filter was definitely underused.
Looks good. What oil went back in?

Thank You

This C&P looks beautiful compared to my 1st cut & post with a hacksaw. :LOL:

Pardon my ignorance but is this a wire backed Fram?

Those FPS filters were the best of the OG Ultras-no Sure Grip to chip off & allow rust damage. I still have a couple in the Corolla/xB size, but they're pretty hard to come by now.
I have i think one left. I bought a whole bunch years ago for my Toyotas. My new stash is Champion XLs. I liked the FPS because it fit my filter cup

Back