Fram Core filters any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
This is not the sheet im talking about. This sheet will tell you the cross reference for the filter.

Yes, I saw that sheet,too. Something about going from 22 different filters down to 11 or 12. The sheet I was referring to was to try to sell the customers on how 'good' the new TLE Core was. ;-)

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Bottom of the barrel filters.

I'd pick up a Wix built Super Tech for a $1.80 more next time.

In what ways do Super Techs surpass Framcores?

Originally Posted By: WellOiled

In what ways do Super Techs surpass Framcores?

Not sure on the poster, but I know many just don't like the e-core center cage. It also has a combo valve on many applications (is is all of them, or just like the Wix combo, just some???).
Since the re-design I have no issue with the plastic cage, and while I am not crazy about the combo valve in the e-core and Wix, I don't have a problem with it for my application (the Ford 5.4).

Thanks FordBroncoVWJeta.

Kind of what I was expecting, but nice to see it on a single chart. Seems they have been able to cut stock by 8 filters by consolidating them.

That is some serious downsizing on some of those filters. PH5 and PH8 are 5.1" down to 3.2", PH3980 and PH3600 from 4.9" to 3.1", but the PH3786 actually ends up larger, from 7.2" to 8".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back