Fram are good enough for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a lot of car message boards, and through it all, I've seen roughly 7 to 10 ACTUAL Fram failures. Most of them have to do with engines that are running high volume pumps and or high pressure. I did see one failure on a Mustang board where the sealing gasket blew out on a Mustang pulling a 1/4 mile pass.

The reason that Fram hasn't been in the media regarding their ****** *** product: yes Fram filters are made cheaply but the failures that occur haven't led to a substantial number of engine failures.

One look in person at how cheaply Fram's bypass valves are made will convince you not to use them (unless you are a representative of the filter industry
wink.gif
)

Also, the reports all over the net of people who have severe startup noise with Fram's: all a bunch of liars? You indeed get what ya pay for, and with Fram, that means **** at a ****** price.

I am confused. Why do we spend so much time chastising someone about their filter color? I am probably also guilty of doing this, unknowingly. Its not like we have anything invested in THEIR car, and we are not out anything. We shouldnt force them to do anything. The bottom line is that if Fram was so bad for this many years, they would be out of business by now. I will not use them, but I wont stop anyone else from using them, unless I am asked for a recommendation. I think this orange can of doom, or orange wall thing has run its course. If Walmart does not have your thing, dont buy from them! Would not hurt to try to get them to add your brand, but they are profit driven and orange means green to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back