Fram and STP S9911 and CH9911 (06.5 FSI GTI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im almost positive these filters are the same....

Put them side to side, they are identical.

Both say made in Germany...

My issue is, who the [censored] makes them. I'm almost sure champion and Honeywell don't make filters in Germany. And unlike other cartridge filters that both companies carry they don't say made in korea. I'm trying to figure out who makes these things, I'm hoping for mann (did I mention it looks strikingly familiar to my oem VW filter also). Ive been using the STP in my car for over 5 or 6k.... no problems yet :).

Anyone have any info?

Consumer Products Group (CPG)
Honeywell supplies a large variety of automotive products. Honeywell Consumer Products Group (CPG) manufactures and markets a host of leading consumer automotive brands including FRAM® oil, air and fuel filters; Prestone® vehicle antifreeze, coolant and care products; Autolite® spark plugs; and Holts® vehicle care products with a broad range in the area of repair, care and value conservation. In addition, they are one of the largest global suppliers of brake friction materials and aftermarket brake products for automotive and other applications producing disc brake pads, drum brake linings and aftermarket brake products under the Bendix® and Jurid® brand names.
Honeywell-Germany

Champion has no facilities in Germany according to their site

worldwide locations

It makes sense, not every filter mfg will make all filters...so they can fill out there line with filters made by others.

Of course some brands out source all their filters.

Once I pulled out a Fram air filter for a Porsche and it was marked as Mann. The Fram version cost x2 as much as Mann.

It's economics, if volume is low, it is more cost effect to out source than make yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back