Found Some Green GC today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to let you all know that green still does exist. I bought 5 quarts, that was all i needed for my next oil change 2 of M02 and 3 of M04. When I went to exchange my gold gc for the green the AZ guy looked at me funny and said You do know these are the exact same oil right? I said no and tried to explain to him the difference of the green and gold, but it was lost on the poor AZ guy. They really need to have some kind of education course.

I found some too, I went to pick up some oil and a filter for my mom's 05 Equinox. I was planning on putting some gold GC in it, but to my surpise when I checked the code at the store it was green GC!

quote:

Originally posted by bigwillie:
I just wanted to let you all know that green still does exist. I bought 5 quarts, that was all i needed for my next oil change 2 of M02 and 3 of M04. When I went to exchange my gold gc for the green the AZ guy looked at me funny and said You do know these are the exact same oil right? I said no and tried to explain to him the difference of the green and gold, but it was lost on the poor AZ guy. They really need to have some kind of education course.

LOL... That guy probably thought you were crazy.

OK is the Green Thing just made up!
shocked.gif
The AZ by me always seems to have the Red Label only no yellow label. Who said they quit making it or sending it to the states.
mad.gif
I picked up another 10 quarts today (3.99) and think before printing they would give a credible source.My heart just can't take it anymore.
wink.gif

GC is the red label. Yellow label is made in the USA. Look for the Made in Germany, and check the batch date on the bottom. M05XXX may be gold and not green. I'm not sure where the green stopped and the gold begins, but it was early in 05.
Terry

quote:

Originally posted by LubeOiler:
shocked.gif
The AZ by me always seems to have the Red Label only no yellow label.

I don't exactly get what you're saying.
The GC bottles (no matter Green GC or Gold) look exactly the same, for more than 3 years by now.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

Originally posted by LubeOiler:
shocked.gif
The AZ by me always seems to have the Red Label only no yellow label.

I don't exactly get what you're saying.
The GC bottles (no matter Green GC or Gold) look exactly the same, for more than 3 years by now.

Actualy the M02 bottles have a slightly different label (still red) with some gold lettering and the location of the "Made in Germany" is in a different spot on the back.

quote:

Originally posted by newgsrdriver:
I thought the M02's were made in the USA 0w30 and werent green?

No M02s can be German but they are not as green as the M03/4s. My M02 went in my leaf vacuum. Cured the smoking problem.
grin.gif

I don't exactly get what you're saying.: I read that the RED label was dead. Ziltch as in gone, but my AZ continues to get only RED label Made in Germany. They did carry the yellow but it was years ago.So as I see it the GC will still flow to the states at least FLA.
:)After reading again I poured the new GC I bought into a cup and your right it is not GREEN.So my 70 green ones are rare I guess. I am a little behind on this and I misunderstood that they left the gold colored in the RED labeled bottles.
frown.gif

[ October 07, 2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: LubeOiler ]

What do you mean by "not as green" i just picked up 4 quarts of m02's today...

quote:

Originally posted by reyjay1:
Red lable is alive and well , in plentiful supply in my nearest AZ in the M05122 batch.

Castrol must have decided that we had it too good. There is a bunch of M05xx.. "red label" that is Made in Germany, but apparently of a different origin than the oh-so-famous green stuff. In my area, in three AZ stores I've checked, there's now a scattered mixing of "green GC" and "gold GC". I am unwilling to make any assumptions about the gold red label stuff until I see the same across the board good performance as the green red label demonstrated. Thankfully, I have a very large stock of green red label, so I'm not worrying much about this "problem."

quote:

Originally posted by aoar:
What do you mean by "not as green" i just picked up 4 quarts of m02's today...

Did you check the origin of your M02 oil? That vintage also overlapped with the old yellow label, US made 0w-30 that is definitely NOT the same stuff as the vaunted green GC (lower viscosity and lacks the ACEA A3 rating). If it does not say "Made in Germany" on the back, it's not GC (and, FWIW, it won't be green either...
rolleyes.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back