Forte 2.4L EVAP canister close valve replacement questions.

Found out why i can not get one monitor ready on the KIa. - EVAP system is because the EVAP canister close valve is shot (PN 314301D500)
I have no check engine light, nor any pending codes, and the car runs fantastic while pulling a respectable average of 28 1/2 miles to the gallon and up to 34+ on highway in 6th gear.

But, since i now know its not working correctly, and i have just 1 evap monitor not ready - i'd like to fix it to get all monitors ready.

31430 "C" on the diagram is the part I am talking about, and i see OEM is about 67$. Can i go aftermarket on a part like this should i stick with OEM? I dont have an issue paying OEM prices, if i replace it once, and its good to go, VS a aftermarket where it might only work for a year or 2, but it appears to be a basic part so im thinking aftermarket would be okay. The kia dealer wated about $194+ to replace, and well as you can see i passed, but they did inform me that this was the only "issue" and still gave it a clean bill of health with no repairs needed atm, minus the Evap that i "should" address sometime. This is the part in question: https://www.kiapartsnow.com/genuine/kia-valve-canister~314301d500.html Thanks for your feedback!. :-D
EVAP.jpg
IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

No MIL is good. I'd go self OEM install, clear the codes, then drive it until it cycles and rescan.

What brand is the aftermarket? Not sure who makes the OE for your model, but sometimes aftermarket improves on the OE design. I’d be more inclined to use an OEM part if it’s difficult to get to though.

Back