fog lights

My 01 Suburban came with fog lights. They're absolutely useless. One of the regular bulbs was burned out so I replaced them with a set of LEDs. Now they're even more useless. Any suggestions for new housings either halogen, HID, LED, anything? That will fit in the stock place in the bumper and actually be useful in the fog/smoke we have going on these days?

Assuming your burb fog lights are similar to the Silverado and Trailblazer fogs, you won't find much improvement using the factory housings. If you opt for higher wattage bulbs in the factory housing, you will most likely melt the housing. Most of the aftermarket fogs will either look strange in the factory location or not be DOT compliant. You can read through the hundreds of threads in the GM truck forums but will likely come to the same conclusion I did...there is not many legal options to improve the fog light output. YMMV

I don't have personal experience with them, but Morimoto gets consistently good reviews on a F-150 page I'm on. I'm sure they make something for your application.

2000_chevrolet_suburban_4dr-suv_1500-ls_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

Oval Style like that, https://www.rallylights.com/hella-ff75-driving-fog-lamps-and-kits.html

That is all I xcouls dins to replace them, if you hollow it out round, much more options, a good 5" round fog light would work great.

Back