Flat tire, what would you do?

As others said, probably a used tire on eBay. They come and go fast so you probably have to search for a few weeks. Otherwise if you can't be bothered, I'd just get a set at Costco. At least they offer a 5 year road hazard and if they're practically new, the next time you have a flat that can't be repaired, you'd probably only be paying for 3 tires instead of 4.

Did you do the flat tire bit?

This is why I refuse to have nice stuff.

4 years old? I have to wonder if their ability to hook up is not slowly aging away.

Ebay had one used one for 200 dollars. The rest were sets of two for over half the cost of the new ones. I will take a picture later but the car lives in my heated garage so the tires are in good shape.

Last edited:
I guess my question is, why only an average of 850 miles per year over the last 4 years on these tires? Is it worth that kind of money for very little use? I get it, as yourself and K.Aoi said, my OCD would kill me, but when do you draw a line?
I really only drive it in the summer. Does not come out of the garage much.

Last edited:
Not directed at the op, but I never understood why people with a nice original or restored American muscle/sports cars worth 5 figures cheap out and use 2nd tier tires like Cooper, not that they are bad or anything. Goodyear or Goodrich all the way. Same rant about batteries. I see $40,000 restorations with Intertsate or Auto Zone batteries when they could have gotten AC Delco for the same or less money and kept it original looking.

I’d never replace only one tire it would have to be all 4. My OCD would kill me it’s like yesterday when a customer bought a mis match tire to go with the others since that tire was bubbling and we had the same brand in stock I’d just of replaced all 4 with whatever brand of choice instead of replacing one and having others at 6/32 and a different brand. Depending on what you consider non repairable I’d probably repair it for as little as it’s driven provided it’s not in the actual sidewall or it wasn’t a large object that destroyed it. You couldn’t get a business to do it but I’d do it on my own.

Not directed at the op, but I never understood why people with a nice original or restored American muscle/sports cars worth 5 figures cheap out and use 2nd tier tires like Cooper, not that they are bad or anything. Goodyear or Goodrich all the way. Same rant about batteries. I see $40,000 restorations with Intertsate or Auto Zone batteries when they could have gotten AC Delco for the same or less money and kept it original looking.
Goodyear is cr*p. I have had RS As, GS Cs and Eagle F1s. Also had a set of Wranglers. These Coopers have been better than all of them. I have Coopers on the truck too. You couldn't give me a Goodyear for free (well maybe four right now) after the ones I have owned.

I’d never replace only one tire it would have to be all 4. My OCD would kill me it’s like yesterday when a customer bought a mis match tire to go with the others since that tire was bubbling and we had the same brand in stock I’d just of replaced all 4 with whatever brand of choice instead of replacing one and having others at 6/32 and a different brand. Depending on what you consider non repairable I’d probably repair it for as little as it’s driven provided it’s not in the actual sidewall or it wasn’t a large object that destroyed it. You couldn’t get a business to do it but I’d do it on my own.
There was a nail, but also side wall damage on the inside from another nail. I am not sure where I picked it up.

At least two on what ever axle would improve the cars performance [drag car]?

Last edited:
Cooper is owned by Goodyear now unfortunately. I run the Cooper Evolution on my Escape it’s what it had on it when I bought it. My only reasons for purchasing a second set is the white lettering and the price was not bad and you get 12/32 of tread. Had I known then they were owned by Goodyear I’d of passed. The only way I’d buy Goodyear is if the only thing available was that or something lower like a cheap no name tire.

At least two on what ever axle would improve the cars performance [drag car]?
Well it used to spend a lot of time at the track. It has a ford 9 inch in it. The kids came, camping takes up a lot of time, so I have not been to the track with that car in over 10 years. So now I run a good set of all seasons on it in case I ever have to take it out in the rain here.

Cooper is owned by Goodyear now unfortunately. I run the Cooper Evolution on my Escape it’s what it had on it when I bought it. My only reasons for purchasing a second set is the white lettering and the price was not bad and you get 12/32 of tread. Had I known then they were owned by Goodyear I’d of passed. The only way I’d buy Goodyear is if the only thing available was that or something lower like a cheap no name tire.
Dang, think I will call Discount tire this morning and see what else they have.

Hate to tell ya, but so were most American cars of that era, and I have a '99 Formula, so no bias.
Ok and? I never said the WS6 was the pinnacle of automotive engineering. For what it is, it does just fine and is just as reliable as your run of the mill econo box. Everyone knows the interiors and rear ends are horrible. Ergonomics could be 100 percent better, but that is not why you buy that car. Having said that I stand by my feelings on Goodyear.

What's wrong with GY? I've got a 20 year old set of Eagle GTs ready to put on a 78 Vette.
I have personally never had a good set. Couldn't keep the F1s balanced The RSAs were new on the Caprice when I got it horrible tire. Sucked in rain. The Wranglers were on my 04 Silverado wore out fast. The GSCs were worse than the current Coopers.

Back