First UOA on 2017 Ram 3500 CTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Just received the results of my second sample. I just took a snip of it to post at this time. 73,000km on unit and 24k on oil. Same Duron SHP 10w30 but this time using a Hastings LF608 filter. No makeup oil added and no discernable drop in oil level.

As now expected, the oil held up just fine. Viscosity, additives and so on. My soot is unchanged and now fuel is "not triggered" so I am unsure what that truly means at this point. One would assume it was low enough to be a non factor. That was a surprise as I had plenty of idling, cold starts and short trips this past winter. In fact, the idle time was 100 hours this oil change index. Up from the 62 hours per previous index. Only 7k worth of towing, which was down from last but much, much heavier pulls. She got worked over.

The big flag was a 2.5x approx. increase in silicon. If I recall, it was mid index when I changed to a Napa/Wix air filter. Will see what next UOA will bring as I do not expect to change the filter during this index.

Wear metals are showing a drop across the board, which one would expect. Even the mystery potassium (believed to be from the intercooler) is dropping. I found no measurable drop in coolant level according to the overflow tank level.

Again, not a pile of towing miles put on but I pulled, many max loads all over the highways with this thing. I ran her hard and she liked it.

test 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back