First time ever using a Mobil oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I finally have a Mobil oil in one if my cars. I got some of the Mobil Super Synthetic oil that was on special at Advance Auto parts for $24.99 with a Fram EG. I have never run a Mobil oil in a car of mine. I have used Pennzoil Ultra, Castrol Syntec, Castrol w titanium gold bottle,Quaker State Ultimate Durability, Valvoline Synpower, Pennzoil Platinum, Sunoco Ultra, and Havoline Pro DS. I know I put some Mobil 1 in my mom's Expedition but that was what my step father was running in his and her vehicles at the time. My 95 Nissan Sentra only saw Castrol Syntec 5w30. Which did great in it.
I know some may wonder why I didn't get the Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 EP that's on sale now too. Well I just wanted to run this Mobil Super Synthetic to just try it out for such a low price. My car is shirt tripped, sees 50% stop and go traffic, and I drive it hard just a bit to around 4k to 5k rpm two or three times a day ( redline is 6k rpm). So I don't run long intervals due to these factors plus the VQ35 is hard on oil too. I know I could run PYB or QSGB for 3500 miles as well. But I just like running a group 3 synthetic in my car. I'm just looking for a rock solid oil for shorter runs that can be found regularly on sale at the auto parts stores that also come with a oil filter I can actually use too.
So far with this MSS I've been rather pleased. My car runs nice and quiet with it thus far and gas mileage is same as usual. I like that it has a decent dose of boron and molybdenum, Dexos approved, and a bit better cold performance than Castrol w titanium. So, I may well settle on this oil for my Altima for awhile if it holds up well. Seems like its on sale regularly amongst the parts stores on a routine basis. Which would keep me out of Wally world. I don't hate Walmart at all. But I just rather not have to go there anymore than I have to. For my ladys Camry I have to go there for the Pennzoil Gold Synthetic blend. So I may well be a Mobil oil user after all.
smile.gif
Wouldn't have thought that several months ago. Has anyone else used the Mobil Super Synthetic? And what are your thoughts about it ?? Thanks again.

I joined the club as well last month. I used the stuff in the wife's car but I picked up a jug of Mobil 5k when it was on rebate. Seems pretty good and my cold start tick went away after I drained out the 10w30 Delo 400.

Originally Posted By: JR
Just got off dealer pre payed Mobil dino 5w20. Treated us well. I got a jug of mss 0w-20 at meijers for just under $20. Will be going 7,500 Hank hill oci.

Harvey

Your car runs on propane?

I've used it in the past (7,800 mi, give or take a few) because I just run whatever $20 synth special is running currently. I mean, nothing blew up or started on fire. It's oil, what is there to say? My experience was the exact same experience with every other oil I've ever used; it came in a container, and I drained out when the plug on the sump was removed.

Originally Posted By: JR
Just got off dealer pre payed Mobil dino 5w20. Treated us well. I got a jug of mss 0w-20 at meijers for just under $20. Will be going 7,500 Hank hill oci.

Harvey
Hank Hill changes his oil "every 3,000 miles or whenever I get bored"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back