First New Phone in 4 Years

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
Still loving my 6S. A co-worker has the 11 and I messed around with it for a bit. Nice phone for sure. I'm just not really into spending $1000 to upgrade something I like. Even after all this time, my battery still operates at 80% capacity.

Great review. Good read.
thumbsup2.gif

The iPhone 11 is $699-$849, the 11 Pro starts at $999.

My current 6S is 64GB, so the $699 would be for a nicer camera, better screen, and faster processing (which isn't a problem for me now).

After taxes that's about $770 for the lowest end 11. I stand corrected. Thank you.

Revision: "I'm just not really into spending $770 to upgrade something I like.".

1 year later, the iPhone 11 is still a great phone.

Battery charge capacity has gone down to 94%.

I wish the speakers and especially text tones were louder.

It takes awesome photos, and shoot video up to 4K/60 FPS. Wife’s 12 ProMax is even better, but that phone is significantly bigger and heavier.

If autocorrect “misremembers“ a word, you have to delete it’s entire vocabulary to get it to forget that one word that’s in there wrong.

Example: I texted my wife’s name in all caps in jest once, and, ever since, if I type her name, it thinks it should be all caps.

I can fix it, but that means starting over with the autocorrect vocabulary.

Also it’s a pain to make posts on this forum with it. Those of you with iPhones certainly know what I mean. I’m unsure if it’s a forum imcompatibility problem - likely so, as I don’t have issues on other forum software.

Also it’s a pain to make posts on this forum with it. Those of you with iPhones certainly know what I mean. I’m unsure if it’s a forum imcompatibility problem - likely so, as I don’t have issues on other forum software.
The goofiness that happens when you try to start a new paragraph or something and it deletes some of what you posted? Or the fact I can’t seem to figure out how to unbolt/italics/underline something unless I use the B and /B commands?

The goofiness that happens when you try to start a new paragraph or something and it deletes some of what you posted? Or the fact I can’t seem to figure out how to unbolt/italics/underline something unless I use the B and /B commands?
Autocorrect doesn’t work well, capitalization doesn’t work well, it’s a pain to delete stuff, etc.

I think maybe it’s mainly that the iPhone autocorrect doesn’t work well with this software.

As I said, I dont have this problem with other forum software.

like todays vehicles most cell phones do more than needed or wanted + considering they must be replaced when their service 3G ending soon buying cheaper- simpler is better depending as usual on your wallet $$$$

Agree with the others.
The OP must take a photo outside his home at night. He will be stunned at the result of taking a photo in near total darkness to the human eye.
Moonlit and no so moonlit nature scenes are amazing

I forget if my wife got an 11 or 12, but she's pretty happy with it, says it's much faster than her 6. The facial ID is apparently really good too, although I guess it sometimes wakes up and unlocks when she picks it up. I wouldn't mind the face unlock feature, it seems too often that I have a sweaty thumb and my phone won't unlock. But I have another year to go on my 6 before I can change.

like vehicles it depends on what YOU want + are willing to pay. while shopping for a newer but cheep 4G phone there were a lot of options for about $200 my preset price range, sure not the newest tech but a LOT cheeper + with a better plan can do almost as much as a newer model + on that note your plan -provider has a lot to do with phone functionality or not. paid $150 for my flagship in 2016 sony xperia XZ + its surely smarter than ME!!!

Back