First Apple, now Samsung?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... a news story from Yahoo about the company being sued by Apple, at the virtual same time Apple feels emboldened by $1,000,049,000. STOP EVERYTHING!

The irony behind Apple suing Samsung over patent infringement is that Samsung makes a lot of Apple's Iphone parts. I see a production problem on the horizon for Apple.

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
The irony behind Apple suing Samsung over patent infringement is that Samsung makes a lot of Apple's Iphone parts. I see a production problem on the horizon for Apple.

Not necessarily. I'm sure there are binding contracts in place for how long and for how much Samsung will supply Apple with parts. Besides, it's still a big revenue stream for Samsung. You don't just walk away from a reliable revenue stream.

That's not to say that Apple isn't looking at other suppliers in the meantime and may eventually choose to do business with someone else.

My Samsung Focus was made in S. Korea, not China.

I hope Samsung doesn't get run out of the cell phone business; my wife has had several I Phones and they are mediocre at best. I like the long battery life, but that's about it - I wouldn't use one for business.

I wish it would. She keeps it in some plastic box that makes an already bulky device bulkier, and then I have to wind up carrying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back