Firestone Destination LE2 Any problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: kathyk
i checked out the dot numbers and three of them were 4412 and one was 5512. is that significant?

Can you check those date codes again? The date code will be the last four numbers of the DOT code, and check both sides of the tire, because it's common for just one side to have the date at the end.

I ask you to recheck because the date code is: week-week-year-year. In other words, 4412 means the tire was made in the 44th week of 2012. But 5512 makes little sense -- 55th week of 2012? Unless it was stamped in error...

Jason... Sheesh... 4512.4512,4512,4412.

Sorry about that. Can i use the "pouring down rain" excuse??

Not sure if I had LE2's or just LE's on my 99 Dakota but I bought a set some years ago based on reviews at Tire Rack. Tires wore out (rotated every 5-6000 miles) prematurely but the dealer - Tire World in Webster refused to credit me insisting I had a front end problem. Never brought that up until I inquired about the wear increase. Seems as if the tires went down rapidly at some point. I'll never give them my business again.
And yes, I frequently check wear and pressure on both our vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Bear
Seems as if the tires went down rapidly at some point.

If the tires began to wear rapidly at some point, it's possible that there was an alignment problem that wasn't there initially. If you check wear and pressure frequently, you should be able to tell when wear begins to accelerate.

I realize this was years ago...but given what was written, I can see it stemming from a vehicle problem. Especially if they examine the the type of wear (feathering, etc).

Not sure if I had LE2's or just LE's on my 99 Dakota but I bought a set some years ago based on reviews at Tire Rack. Tires wore out (rotated every 5-6000 miles) prematurely but the dealer - Tire World in Webster refused to credit me insisting I had a front end problem. Never brought that up until I inquired about the wear increase. Seems as if the tires went down rapidly at some point. I'll never give them my business again.

Take it to another Firestone dealer, preferably a Firestone Complete Auto Care, and make your case there.

I run them on my Trailblazer, best tire for the dollar from what my research has found.

Been on my SUV for 2 years.

I know my tire installer and was on hand when he installed them, I saw him sanding down the inside of my wheel and when I asked him about it he said, we do it to every wheel regardless of needing it because its cheaper to spend the little time now VS having a tire come back in.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Seems as if the tires went down rapidly at some point.

If the tires began to wear rapidly at some point, it's possible that there was an alignment problem that wasn't there initially. If you check wear and pressure frequently, you should be able to tell when wear begins to accelerate.

I realize this was years ago...but given what was written, I can see it stemming from a vehicle problem. Especially if they examine the the type of wear (feathering, etc).

I should have added that I took my truck to my mechanic to get it checked out and while there was some play in the front end he felt it was still fine. It was another year or so when he said I needed lower ball joints. Just did not like how the "new management" handled the situation.

Well, I just took 2 different tires & wheels from 2 different vehicles back to W*M to have new valve stems put in. These cars in my signature:

'01 Lexus with General AltiMAX RT43
'06 Mazda with Pirelli P7 Cint A/S+

Each car had ONLY 1 of 4 valve stems leaking on a wheel. The Mazda was fixed and the Lexus needed some goop around the valve stem inside the wheel to stop the leak. Apparently, the aluminum is getting a bit old on the '01 Lex! But, it's fixed now!
smile.gif

I will keep checking over the weeks just to make sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back