Finally A Homeowner Again!

Now you need a sweet zero turn 😉
60E81349-EF6A-43F8-BC4B-EB40F45720C2.jpeg

Now you need a sweet zero turn 😉
View attachment 88033

Tempting, but funds are severely depleted now :ROFLMAO:

Although when I bought a new riding mower a year and a half ago, I bought one with a larger deck than what I needed at the time in hopes I'd find somewhere with a decent yard. Definitely planned that right.

5Ozaqnw.jpg

My 46" 22HP Kohler Cub should make quick work outta the 1/2 acre. Best part is the large brand new shed (I actually put the first scratch in the floor) I get to now put it in!

Evening all! There have been a couple post by me that have hinted a new place for me. So, I figure I'll share it for all. Buying a house in these times has been rather difficult, but my realtor had did me a solid and this one didn't even go to market before I was able to put a contract on it. I had to make some compromises as far as my needs, but it hasn't been too bad.

I had lived in a rental house since December 2015. The house was nice, but after switching jobs the commute just wasn't cutting it anymore. I already put 15K miles on my truck since December 2020. Started looking around December '20, got my mortgage per-qualifications done, etc, etc. However as you all know the housing market at that time took a steep dive upwards. This priced most of what my wants and needs out of my budget. We looked at a couple here and there, but nothing seemed to "click" for me. October 2021 my work promoted me, which gave me a pretty decent pay increase. So, that expanded my budget considerably (50+K). Still couldn't find anything. Early December 2021 my realtor has some clients that just bought a house at auction and was getting a market evaluation. She told them she has a client (which would be me) in mind that would likely buy as is. Fast forward January 21, 2022, this one is mine!

GJrdAkh.jpg

UMrqxX2.jpg

pzhr4CO.jpg

PRHOFmW.jpg

It didn't click every box, and I more than likely paid a little too much. There's no garage currently, but once it warms up the carport will be easily converted. It's also on well and septic. While I have no problem with a well, the septic is a first for me. There's been some adjustment as to my waste usage, but I'm sure it'll be fine. While on a main road, it's out in the country. My only neighbors pretty much are a church, a pasture, and farm field. This house also cuts down my commute from 45-50 minutes to about 25. Also, in this township I got a card to take my garbage to the town building for free. Being on well and septic, no more water/sewer bills as well. So even paying more for a mortgage than my old rent, it almost equals out.

The house has been vacant for probably about 8 months, so there's been some issues here and there. But, nothing that I can't or haven't solved. I'm also only the second person since 1965 to actually live in this house. Previous owner was a smoker for sure, but that's nothing some cleaning and paint can't solve. It's a well built house; the floor joist are 2x10's! Which is actually rare for this area, most are 2x8's. My floors don't creak or give at all! There's also a cistern with its own separate pump that's tied to the spigots right now. Might tie into other stuff later. They had it feeding hot water, but I switched it over to the regular well (well water is softened).

Overall its been a journey, but this one is mine! Not as big and fancy as alot of people, but will suit me fine!
Congrats!

Tempting, but funds are severely depleted now :ROFLMAO:

Although when I bought a new riding mower a year and a half ago, I bought one with a larger deck than what I needed at the time in hopes I'd find somewhere with a decent yard. Definitely planned that right.

5Ozaqnw.jpg

My 46" 22HP Kohler Cub should make quick work outta the 1/2 acre. Best part is the large brand new shed (I actually put the first scratch in the floor) I get to now put it in!
I *almost* got another lawn tractor last year, the exact one you have in fact, but I figured I could get one more mow out of my old one…. It shredded the drive belt on my 3rd pass of my 2 acre property and I never did get that last now in…. That grass is pretty long under all our snow 😅

Does the deck wash work well? Mine has the port in the deck but has a block off plate… if it works well I’ll grab a kit otherwise the plate can stay there.

Attachments

• 9E43F552-033F-4394-9F5D-A20AD9569BB8.jpeg
    9E43F552-033F-4394-9F5D-A20AD9569BB8.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 7
Thankfully no, no aluminum wiring. It is the right era for it, but I got lucky. However the house only has a 60 amp service currently. Once I get the carport enclosed a new 200 amp service will be relocated to there. It's an extra expense, but it is what it is...
I think aluminum wiring was a mobile home thing.

I *almost* got another lawn tractor last year, the exact one you have in fact, but I figured I could get one more mow out of my old one…. It shredded the drive belt on my 3rd pass of my 2 acre property and I never did get that last now in…. That grass is pretty long under all our snow 😅

Does the deck wash work well? Mine has the port in the deck but has a block off plate… if it works well I’ll grab a kit otherwise the plate can stay there.

It's so-so, as long as you do it right after mowing. Any time after that, it just makes a mess. I'll usually put it on a set of ramps and just scrape off the large stuff and take a pressure washer to the rest of it. Some say you shouldn't get water all up in there, but the wet grass will screw stuff up too. Six of one, half dozen of another. I have a welder and sheet metal if it ever develops rot in the deck.

Delta, what about a snow plow for that nice, new tractor in the pics?

I thought about that, but I don't want the added wear and tear on it. I have a snow blower so that should do fine.

Nice house, maybe in the future build a 2 car garage.

That's the eventual plan, kinda behind the carport now. It'll be a couple years from now, but I want to do a nice pole barn style. Will have to get permission to let it exit on the neighbors lane to do it how I want to though.

I was going to say nice truck about the Yoda then I saw that S10. Nice trucks and congrats.

Heh, thanks! The S10 is my friends. It's a 2003 with about 95k-ish miles on it. She had a 99' Sonoma with over 200K, but it was a 5 speed manual. The 03' is an automatic, much easier on her. I've done a couple oil changes on it for her. Gonna need a cab corner and a wheel-well patch on the bed soon. More reason to get the garage setup!

Back