filter longevity concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any Bitogers change their oil filter prior to the OLM trigger signaling the need to change the oil. filter loading is not linear according to some respected input here so this could be a matter of concern for some late into an OCI, say 7500 miles or more

According to UOAs almost any name brand filter will go 10,000 miles. If one is going to run out to 15,000+ then I would go to the high tier filters. If I need to mess/change a filter 1/2 way through an oil change then it defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Yeah ..I can't get into the intermediate filter change either. I do believe that you're in a "half the distance to the goal line" type deal with a filter ..just like I believe that TBN depletion isn't linear. That is, whatever effects loading has on the media at 10k ..is doubled (or there abouts) by 15k. That doesn't say that it can't work out to 20k ..just that there's surely a curve there and not a straight line to "full".

quote:

Originally posted by lewk:
Do any Bitogers change their oil filter prior to the OLM trigger signaling the need to change the oii??

I change oil & filter at the same intervals. I underwent two oil/filters changes before my OLM went on at 13.2k... ie.. 3.5K then 9.5K - both with synthetics & OEM filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back