Filter clearance question

I have a 2014 Pathfinder which calls for the Fram 6607 size filter. I already run the 7317 length filter as an oversized alternative.

I read in another topic here that the Wix 51347 / Napa FIL 1347 is the biggest oversize filter that will fit on a 6607 application.

Does anyone on here know if I have enough clearance to put one of those on my pathfinder or is it going to be too long? Thanks

Check the can od specs on both of those filters and compare them to the fram and then try to use a ruler to check the can od and clearance gap in the filter area the best you can.

Oversizing is usually done for longer oci or twin oci's. Do you go far enough to were spending more is worth it. i'd rather pay the same to go more or even go the same since it still costs the same but i wouldn't go too expensive since its already good enough.

I don't know about the gasket fitting, but have you considered the Fram PH3593A, it has the right size gasket it's just a hair longer than the PH7317 but bigger around .

Don't forget your engine's on rubber mounts and needs a little room to rock, if the filter is up against the frame or something.

Longest is Baldwin B1431 / Luber Finer LF486,
which is 4 inches long.

But those are very hard to find….

I don't know about the gasket fitting, but have you considered the Fram PH3593A, it has the right size gasket it's just a hair longer than the PH7317 but bigger around .
Around here the 3593a is getting harder to find. It is primarily a Honda filter. Seems most books are recomending the 7317 or 6607, even in those that used to be 3593a.
The 9688 (primarily a Hyundai filter) seems to be more readily available, and has almost identical specs. Many books now have the 9688 listed for previous 3593a. I think Walmart's ST filters no longer even come in 3593a size, just the 9688.

Back