Filter after 26k miles

I bought a new ac delco AF for my daily beater as it was on sale. The old filter went 26k miles including driving up and down the state of CA, west coast to east coast, up and down New England, and back to CA. I pulled the old STP red out and it wasn’t bad, probably could have gone another 15k or so more miles. But I decided to go ahead and replace it since I was in there.

Outside
2AEB5C20-0EBF-4C38-87E4-FE1241E5F756.jpeg
3B01A29E-2F6E-42EF-8080-8E25743A4DD5.jpeg

Inside
BE7D5B57-86AA-475D-94F0-83EAEE29AA66.jpeg

Old vs New
85D295F2-4BF4-46AB-95D2-7D4F9458FCDD.jpeg

I agree, for 26k mi. not bad at all. I think your 15k mi extra estimate, possible. 10k at least. As often posted this subforum, AFs do become more efficient with use.

Mileage and time are meaningless with an air filter. I would have reinstalled it.
Yeap unless you've established a baseline for your particular vehicle, location, environment, driving conditions, etc. To say it needs changed every X months or "XX" miles could be wasteful.

That's why I installed a vacuum gauge on my intake. I'll change it when the dP tells me to, not the odometer or calendar.

the appearance of a Toyota filter of similar construction I changed, using a restriction gauge that reached 11" @ 42K miles,
I bet that filter would be good for another 26K miles.
full-32923-16839-img_2882.jpg

full-32923-16841-img_2889.jpg

the appearance of a Toyota filter of similar construction I changed, using a restriction gauge that reached 11" @ 42K miles,
I bet that filter would be good for another 26K miles.
Would someone be kind enough to explain or show how and where these gauges are installed? Thanks!

Would someone be kind enough to explain or show how and where these gauges are installed? Thanks!
Check out the pics in the product reviews for the ACDelco unit. I explored this product a few years ago but then decided to just change the filter every year and move on!

I bought a new ac delco AF for my daily beater as it was on sale. The old filter went 26k miles including driving up and down the state of CA, west coast to east coast, up and down New England, and back to CA. I pulled the old STP red out and it wasn’t bad, probably could have gone another 15k or so more miles. But I decided to go ahead and replace it since I was in there.

Outside
View attachment 80134View attachment 80135

Inside
View attachment 80137
Old vs New
View attachment 80138
Why is the filter media red, is the media treated or just the color its manufactured?

I prefer the molded felt design (red filter) over the hard plastic version (AC Delco).
The felt versions seal better and seem of better quality.

Back