Filling a TF80 from the drain plug

Hi,

Since I'm planning to do a partial oil replacement on the Aisin Warner TF80 (81? SC?) fitted on the Suzuki Vitara, I'd like to do this:

Since the gearbox has a level plug/tube concentric to the drain plug, I'd like to buy a second drain plug (the one that closes the level plug), and modify it to attach a hose to it and fill the gearbox from here, so I don't have to remove a lot of parts to fill up from the top. Is there any adverse effects filling a TF80 from the bottom? DSG have fill adapters that screws in place of the drain plug, I used them in the past, and basically want to make the same part for TF80 gearbox

Drain and fill all through one plug? I can see no adverse impacts. Mercruiser outdrives are all filled from the bottom plug to ensure all air is out. Just do it slowly.

Ah, even the one for the Aisin boxes is 10x1.0
Maybe the info I found on some websites selling the plug is wrong and it's actually a M10x1 ? The only right way to find out is to unscrew my own plug 🤭 from what I understand, it shouldn't flow a significant amount of oil removing just the small plug

Maybe the info I found on some websites selling the plug is wrong and it's actually a M10x1 ? The only right way to find out is to unscrew my own plug 🤭 from what I understand, it shouldn't flow a significant amount of oil removing just the small plug
With the car running you should only lose what is in the stand pipe.

VAS6262/2 is the VW part number for the filing adapter for Aisin boxes.

Back