Falken Sincera SN-828

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy of mine needs tires for a '92 Corolla that just won't die; 175/70R13 preferred, 155/80R13 will work. Getting hard to find quality 13s....

Money is an issue. DTD has Falken Sincera SN-828 for $128 shipped-to-door after two rebates. With install call it $190. Anyone ever drive on these tires? I don't know much about them; the few reviews I found are mixed, but for the price it's tempting.

He does a fair amount of highway commuting, not long trips but a smooth ride would be nice. Also needs at least some winter traction. The Kumho 795s he has now were great (for the price) in their time, but are now nearly bald.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Have you looked at DTD? They list a few +0 options, and some of them are pretty decent.

Good idea---but he's not gonna upsize wheels on a 22-year-old car with 240-ishK miles and a reconstructed title. Not even a Corolla from back in the days when they built 'em to never die.

He could get Altimax RT43 if he wants to pay more for better quality. Or even Kumho KR21. He (and I) just wonder if the Falkens would be decent for however long this car has left. Thanks.

I almost bought a set of them a while back. They had a very poor snow traction rating. As I recall they weren't too great in the rain either.

Got a set of Generals for not too much more money. Mrs. Milkman loves them.

Last edited:
The SN-828 is a decent tire and a name brand, but the General Altimax RT43 is a much better tire for only A little more money. Another option worth considering is the Kumho Sense.

If you can afford it, the Michelin Defender is actually not expensive, only $80 at Walmart. You know your tires are small when you can get Michelin for well under $100 each!

I put them on my daughters Beetle when I thought we were going to sell/trade it in ( I know They are "T" rated not "H" rated). They were smooth riding, quiet..never had a flat...not heavy rains in So Cal when we had them, but had no problem at all in the rain at any speed/ Complaint were they wore out right at 30,000 miles (45,000 mi rating). Replaced with Defenders, which so far is a very good tire...(as you can see we kept the Beetle)

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
The SN-828 is a decent tire and a name brand, but the General Altimax RT43 is a much better tire for only A little more money. Another option worth considering is the Kumho Sense.

If you can afford it, the Michelin Defender is actually not expensive, only $80 at Walmart. You know your tires are small when you can get Michelin for well under $100 each!

Agreed with above totally. Either General Altimax RT43 or Kumho Sense is much better than Falken Sincera SN-828for not much more.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn

Thanks for all the advice, gents. Agreed that $56 for a better set of tires makes much sense and is a good plan---unless you are counting dollars and drive a 22-year-old compact economy car with 240+K miles and a reconstructed title.

Then again, the Corolla just won't die. If it's gonna last another 3 years it would be good to get decent tires on it. It's never easy....that would take away too much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back