Fake NGK spark plugs

Mr. Conspiracy here, LOL. I only buy plugs from a Toyota or Lexus dealership. I wouldn't even dream of a purchase from Amazon or eBay.
I don't trust Rock Auto sellers completely. Too many different shippers/sellers and not enough oversight for my liking. I wouldn't buy plugs from them. Too many counterfeits out here.

Mr. Conspiracy here, LOL. I only buy plugs from a Toyota or Lexus dealership. I wouldn't even dream of a purchase from Amazon or eBay.
I don't trust Rock Auto sellers completely. Too many different shippers/sellers and not enough oversight for my liking. I wouldn't buy plugs from them. Too many counterfeits out here.
Has there ever been a verified counterfeit anything posted here that was purchased at Rock Auto?

Has there ever been a verified engine destroyed by extended oil change? Tongue in cheek response.
Well I asked that because you said you don’t trust Rock Auto sellers because of the fakes out there. I was only wondering if that was based on anything. I don’t recall ever seeing any true fake items on here that were purchased from RA.

Well I asked that because you said you don’t trust Rock Auto sellers because of the fakes out there. I was only wondering if that was based on anything. I don’t recall ever seeing any true fake items on here that were purchased from RA.
Gotcha. It's not that I don't trust Rock Auto because of the fakes out there. I don't trust RA based on my understanding on how they obtain their products. Being we are seeing are so many fake spark plugs and the fact their plugs come from all over the US, I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling based on my experience with our love of money.

Plus, their TV commercials sorta freak me out.:oops: I see them and wonder what kind of company would market their company with cartoon stick figures. LOL

I have bought plenty of NGK and Denso plugs over the years from Rock Auto. While I have not done a forensic examination of every set I have bought, nothing has made me believe to have gotten any counterfiet stock from them

Rock Auto is the seller! They are a drop shipper, but you are still buying from Rock Auto. Google the return address of your next Rock Auto order; it will lead you to the supplier. They use the same distributors that independent auto parts stores use, or they will ship direct from the manufacturer. The main exception is the wholesaler closeouts, which usually come from Ultra-Power in Sugar Land, TX.

Drop shipping is not the same as a marketplace seller (like Amazon Marketplace or eBay), where you're not actually buying from Amazon or eBay.

I received a set today from RockAuto, NGK 94122. They were marked as yours are, no horizontal line below the P in Japan. They were purchased from RockAuto and shipped from Fort Smith, Arkansas. They also match a previous set of NGK Ruthenium plugs that I have. I think your plugs are genuine.

Alright well I have done my research and reached out to NGK directly with no response or concrete answers so I figured I would ask you guys. I purchased 2315 iridiums for my car from rock auto. I pulled the old plugs and compared them closely to the new ones. All looked fine till I noticed the logo on the new plugs do not have the horizontal line under the P of Japan like my old ones do. So curiousity got the best of me and I scrounged up every single ngk plug I could find around my shop and ALL of them had it. Should I be worried I got duped? I’m honestly to paranoid at this point to install them. Please help and thanks.

Back