Fake Mobil 1?

I bought these online. On the Mobil1 ESP 5w30 you can see that the label is starting to come off the bottle. Is this a sign of counterfeit oil? The production date is on March 2020.

Attachments

• IMG-46e8b93a6d73fadbd9e0b6ba80e64871-V.jpg
    IMG-46e8b93a6d73fadbd9e0b6ba80e64871-V.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG-3b223e166dfc5fbe7cd98b8b468b9f8c-V.jpg
    IMG-3b223e166dfc5fbe7cd98b8b468b9f8c-V.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 279
I bought it from a shop in germany. The shop has really good reviews and I have done some research on german forums and people seem to be very happy with the shop's products

I agree with @Zee09. It could have been stored in a damp place, got wet, etc. Without knowing where it was purchased it is hard to tell if it is "counterfeit oil." I doubt it.

I would not use it. In this and age , anything you read online should be taken with large quantities of salt. Reviews can be faked. A shop in Germany means nothing. Buy the oil in person.
I was considering buying another jug of this oil localy and compare the appearance of the oil inside. If they look and smell the same then it must be okay... or not?

I was considering buying another jug of this oil localy and compare the appearance of the oil inside. If they look and smell the same then it must be okay... or not?

You would break the seals to visually compare the oils and smell them?

🎹🎹

I would not use it. In this and age , anything you read online should be taken with large quantities of salt. Reviews can be faked. A shop in Germany means nothing. Buy the oil in person.
totally agreed. though not always the most convenient way.
wandered around 5 shell petrolstations looking for Shell Helix Ultra ECT C3 and none had it. had to buy online.

also a lot of counterfeits around here. though still not on russian levels...yet :)

i dont know...i have many jugs of mobil sitting around full of waste oil. some have been around for awhile....i have never seen the label peel like that on any of them.

1) I'm a total "Doubting Thomas", or, "Negative Nellie"...a real "the glass is half empty and it's dirty" kind of person.
2) To me, counterfeiting anything to effectively steal money seems like something lots of people would do.
3) Also, I fully believe batches of product can be made to any QC level they want. Catering to a big retailer's price point comes to mind.
4) Ever wonder why no counterfeit oils have ever been documented? If false products haven't seen light here, where or when would they?
5) "1930's oils" being sold currently have been exposed.
6) Are the tests for detecting "1930's oils" so cheap they get performed while tests to affirm modern formulations are too expensive to perform?

If the label is in Greek or specialized to that single market, it may have gone through separate labeling where the edge curling you see may have happened.

Sending some with pictures and a complete explanation to Exxon/Mobil itself might be the way to go.

Back