Facebook Biometric Lawsuit Illinois

Has anyone that lives(ed) in Illinois received their settlement for the Facebook biometric lawsuit? I received a nice size check, almost halfway to 4 figures for having had a Facebook account while I lived in Illinois during the years they broke state law collecting biometric data without consent. I've been part of umpteen class action suits due to data privacy, hacking/stolen data, etc. but I've never had one eclipse $5.00 or so. Most provide a useless credit monitoring service and you get a $2 check two years later for your time filling out the paperwork online while the lawyers collect millions. Come to think of it, I got $23.00 from the AMD settlement from them misadvertising their 8-core processors a couple years back, that was the largest until now.

I sign up for every one of them when I get the notice (pretty easy to do), but this one really put a smile on my face.

• Wow
Reactions: GON
And one reason I never have been on Facebook and before that my space. Its unreal the amount of data they collect from you. Before you join anything read the terms and conditions most people never do.
Most people don't care.

Back