F150 headlights

Headlights on my 2012 are starting to get hazy, cleaned them once and helped for a while. Are there some good aftermarket bolt in assemblies I can buy and also some good replacement bulbs? The ones I currently have arent bright at all. I dont want those ultra bright lights that blind people going down the road, but I definitely want an improvement over what Ive got now.

Headlights on my 2012 are starting to get hazy, cleaned them once and helped for a while. Are there some good aftermarket bolt in assemblies I can buy and also some good replacement bulbs? The ones I currently have arent bright at all. I dont want those ultra bright lights that blind people going down the road, but I definitely want an improvement over what Ive got now.
Depo's are often recognized as solid aftermarket replacements.

f150 .jpg

I use Beamtech LED bulbs from Amazon. The best flavor they sell.

While the F150 does not have much in the way of aiming ability, the better Beamtech bulbs do rotate in their housings to achieve the proper beam pattern. Nobody flashes me and the output is just right. On par with modern cars.

You can sand off the headlight assembly's hard coating and mechanically polish it with a rotary buffer and Flitz. This will last about a year before you need to do it again.

To add to that, sanding and polishing the plastic, followed by masking and spraying with U-POL clear spray paint does GREAT. It’s a bitog secret. U-POL is not cheap, mid 20 bux on Amazon, but I’ve done MANY headlight redo’s this way and it lasts, and it’s UV savvy. It may yellow a very slight amount over 2-3 years, but not much.

this is a permanent fix that lasts.

practice painting first on something else, it feels a little different than an enamel.

1 medium coat, followed by 1 fine coat 60 seconds later. It clarifies and smooths out on its own. Again, practice on something else, like a Tupperware bin, first.

I use Beamtech LED bulbs from Amazon. The best flavor they sell.

While the F150 does not have much in the way of aiming ability, the better Beamtech bulbs do rotate in their housings to achieve the proper beam pattern. Check it out Nobody flashes me and the output is just right. On par with modern cars. You can sand off the headlight assembly's hard coating and mechanically polish it with a rotary buffer and Flitz. This will last about a year before you need to do it again.

I have the same model too Beamtech LED bulb ! Excellent value for money and quality!

Back