F1 Gut-Guessing for '10 season results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on nothing but gut feelings, take a guess on who'll end up on top at the end of next season. I'll pull up this thread a year from now for a good laugh.

I'll dive in first: Hamilton. He's got a title under his belt, got lots of $$ and a hot babe(s), so he can just sit back with nothing to lose. Also, the intra-team competition is going to be intense (think they're really going to share their car setups for the good of the team?) LOL
Good luck,
Bill.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]
my prediction: Alonso he will re-energize the scuderia and become the focus of the organization

I'm thinking exactly the same thing. It will be interesting to see how he and Massa get along.

i think they will, i think Massa will give him more respect as a fellow latin and all that, and fred seems pretty well mannered. not sure what hamilton did to get him riled up, besides being a real threat in speed. I think Massa and Hamilton are comparable in quickness and skill

I personally would like to see Massa win the whole thing this coming season for two reasons.

1. He only missed it by one point two years ago.
2. For the accident he had last year that kept him out.

I have grown to like Massa a lot in the past couple of years. I used to think of him as the walking definition of a twerp but he's gotten some maturity in the last two seasons and he seems to be a nice guy.

I don't see Alonso getting along with anyone who is nearly as fast as him. While my respect for Massa has grown in the past 2-3 years, my respect for Alonso has waned. He is usually good at hiding his monumental ego ... but on occasion it manifests itself and it's pretty ugly. He's also a whiney crybaby when he has real competition. I got to calling him "Nan-Nan" the last few races with Mclaren.

While I cheered for Button this year (and every year since he was with Renault), I think Hamilton is gonna show him up ... especially when the car is not exactly suited for the track. Hamilton has a good shot at the championship and Button will be the good second driver collecting points for the manufacturer's championship ... one of the best journeyman racing drivers ever.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] i think they will, i think Massa will give him more respect as a fellow latin and all that.........................

How do figure that? Latin? Alonso?

Schumacher in a near romp. Alonso will not get on w/ Ferrari. No one but MS really did. Jacky Ickx once said if you race for Ferrari is it best not to speak Italian....

I visited USF1 today here in Charlotte and saw Ken Anderson

32.gif

Originally Posted By: BumpDraft2004
I visited USF1 today here in Charlotte and saw Ken Anderson

You suck then. Just kidding. I was hoping that Barber would be open for their testing but not to be. http://gforcef1.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/barber-motorsports-park-f1-test-to-be-closed-to-public/

One could suss out a lot more at an on-track test vs. a controlled tour of the factory. Doubt it will draw much press in the heart of NASCAR country. Have been to the Windshear wind tunnel Ken Anderson built - not anything to see there but when the massive impeller blades are running you know there is a car on the rolling road. Funny but it is right at the end of the COncord Regional Aiprort runway.

Interesting to see all of our guesses in retrospect. Who'd of thought RedBull would climb to the top of the heap?
And hats off to member Benjamming who nailed it by picking Vettel.
'10 was a really great season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back