F1 - 2015 United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's dumping tons of rain right there right now, making P2 a bunch of nothing, so far.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
It's dumping tons of rain right there right now, making P2 a bunch of nothing, so far.
wink.gif

Great. I DVR'd the first Friday practice. Looks like I'll be hitting the delete button on it.

Yeah thankfully the mountains will tear that thing apart from a wind and structure point of view but there will still be plenty of rain. If we do end up with a Sunday quali. I'll post the broadcast details here as soon as I know them.

Also looks like RB won't be running the new Renault engine. As much as I was looking forward to seeing what it could do, they made the right call. With both Ferrari cars taking a grid spot penalty to run a new spec. engine they can keep an advantage in starting position and have known reliability in the race.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

Great. I DVR'd the first Friday practice. Looks like I'll be hitting the delete button on it.

No! P1 had some decent running given the conditions.

Out take from a Yahoo News story:

The last time qualifying took place on a Sunday was at the 2013 Australian Grand Prix when the Saturday session was postponed because of heavy rain.
- 'Nothing we can do' -

In 2004, and in 2010, qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix was abandoned on Saturday because of a typhoon and it took place on Sunday morning.

“There’s nothing we can do,” said the sport’s commercial ring-master Bernie Ecclestone.

“It’s alright for those of us who have got jobs and things to do, but I feel sorry for the public.

“They are here to enjoy some racing and all they are getting is soaked in the rain.”

What happens if they can't race? I assume F1 doesn't hang out until Monday.
Isn't the Mexican GP next week? Is the track in the path of the storm?

I really feel sorry for the fans. Many take vacation time, travel, not to mention the money wasted on tickets, hotels, meals, gas, etc. The only thing worse than watching a wet F-1 race, is watching none at all.

Wow you guys certainly turned on the weather!

Lets hope the broadcasters catch up and get qualifying scheduled correctly.

So far it looks like the weather has been pretty accurate to forecast. Anyone close by have a forecast for quali/race?

Sunday looks dry.

Saturday we received nearly 10 inches of rain at my house, 20 minutes north of Austin.

The racetrack is south of Austin.

The track opens tomorrow at 9am.

I hope that goofy NBC provides TV coverage of qualifying. You can never tell what those people are going to do when something changes.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Sunday looks dry.

That should be interesting, so no dry practice but a dry quali and race. Guess they'll be leaning heavily on past data for car setup.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Lets hope the broadcasters catch up and get qualifying scheduled correctly.

I have a very dismal outlook as to whether our broadcaster will have the qualification televised. After all, they only have five channels, and heaven forbid that darts, poker, or an analysis show get bumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back