Eyeglass repair kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RnR

Gents~

I'm a new eyeglass wearer, now faced with a Nikon pair that needs the standard temple screw repair performed - no big surprise there....

But who makes a "respectable" eyeglass repair kit these days?

Anybody?

Originally Posted By: RnR
Gents~

I'm a new eyeglass wearer, now faced with a Nikon pair that needs the standard temple screw repair performed - no big surprise there....

But who makes a "respectable" eyeglass repair kit these days?

Anybody?

At the checkout line in supermarkets. Or drug stores they have a small section selling various things (cleaners, etc) for glasses. Except for buying a set of jewelers screwdrivers I am not sure how many people worry. I expect most people loose their eyeglass repair kit after one use. Or it had only one of the screw they need.

I've worn glasses since I was 5 years old, I'm now 68. Needed an eyeglasses repair kit once in my life, normally if I have a problem, the eyeglass dept at WalMart will take care of it for free, even tho I didn't purchase them there.

Probably not very respectable, but most dollar tree (only $1) item have cheap glass kits. Almost any chain optician will replace screws as a good will gesture and a ploy to get you to buy from them in the future.

I tried the suggested Walmart route... and had partial "success".

My Nikons have the screw of course, but also a pair of small washers to go in along with the screw. The assistant was able to handle the screw without issue, but was stymied by the washers.

I guess if one wants complete satisfaction, you have to do it yourself. Such wisdom, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back