Exxon Mobil and GM

It is just an observation, my water bill has additional sewer charge to process the waste water.

Not only do you pay for the water going into the house but also coming out the other side. In addition, if you pay a storm drainage tax then you are paying for the rain that falls on your house.

Not only do you pay for the water going into the house but also coming out the other side. In addition, if you pay a storm drainage tax then you are paying for the rain that falls on your house.
Yes, we bill sewer based on 3 winter months water consumption - when folks don’t water landscaping/gardens … or top up the pool nearly as much …

Exactly right. That's why the Atlantic Ocean at my beach is polluted (it's not). It starts from a false dilemma then combines with a slippery slope and eventually makes people sick and maybe fat also.

I get it. Lots of people don't like the questionable tradeoffs that come with reliance on petroleum. There is no realistic substitute now or just around the corner. Unless we (collectively) are willing to abandon the energy sources extant and begin living like medievals, this is not going to change.

In this instance Exxon is correct and the rest are Don Quixote, this time mistaking oil rigs and shale fields for their giants.

View attachment 44216
There will be no banning of fossil fuels. That's just a mischaracterization. What will change is how efficiently they're used. Modern day version of carburetor's vs fuel injection.

I got to tour a new state of the art steel tubing mill in our area … the first phase is to get the billets cherry red using a natural gas furnace … once pierced and formed comes heat treat. That’s done with electric ovens. Why? Same reason we have an all gas home - except for our double electric ovens where exact temperature matters.

This place was 27 acres under roof … but unfortunately the guide could not give me the energy consumption … yet surely another example of needing lots of both sources of energy …

Back