Extra oil for 2 stroke break in?

i run a commercial lawn service and i use 40/1. my equiptment lasts 15 yrs min. i have some 25 years old
Stuff that sees extended wide open runs pretty much all the time with short idle breaks like weedeaters, leaf blowers, little 2stroke tillers with weedeater engines, 32:1 seemed to run really good.
Stuff that sees a good amount of idle time like chainsaws, headge trimmers, cutoff saws 40:1. Saws would load up with 2stroke oil running 32:1 and make some nice smoke puffs on throttle up.
40:1 runs real good in everything.

Run another if it worked well, but I have not had good luck with Tru Fuel. I prefer to mix my own with E0 91.
+1

I've had mixed results with TruFuel. To me it seems more like batch inconsistency than it being a bad product. I've had great luck with VP racing 40:1 cans. I break-in new saws on the 40:1 canned fuel.

It's what I'd do, I might even bump the mix to 40-1 for the life if I don't notice downsides.
^This.

When I bought my Toro snowthrower, the sales guy said that the gas cap calls for 50:1 but he recommended using 40:1 instead.

23 years later, it still runs, and very well at that.

A lot of opinions here. From the factory and assuming you do not have the abilty to adjust the carb and void the warranty, id select a 40 to 1 ratio for break in. As much as I like 32 to 1 you will need to adjust the carb. 50 to 1 and 40 to 1 doesnt seem to matter.
Cujet posts fact.

Common to do in R/C nitro engines...run them rich and heavy on the oil for the first several tanks...then slowly lean them out.
I think someone else has already said this, but adding oil to a 2 stroke leans it out because there is less fuel and more oil. When you decrease oil you increase fuel and richen it. That is how a carb tuner would look at it.

Echo leaf blower is 20 years old and has been abused year after year on 50:1 with old 10% ethanol gas in it constantly and it starts first pull every time and runs like a top. I’m not going to worry about it.

Common to do in R/C nitro engines...run them rich and heavy on the oil for the first several tanks...then slowly lean them out.

Back when I ran with the R/C crowd, my favorite fuel was this cheap hobby store brand stuff that had real castor oil in it. My engines loved that stuff and lasted forever. It made a hell mess on the side/tale of the plane, though. A small price to pay in my opinion.

I think someone else has already said this, but adding oil to a 2 stroke leans it out because there is less fuel and more oil. When you decrease oil you increase fuel and richen it. That is how a carb tuner would look at it.

On R/C engines you constantly play with the mixture...there is a screw that changes it, so you simply add oil, then turn out the screw to make it more rich. So yeah...you can add oil, and run it richer at the same time.

Back