Explain this MAP and Barometric pressure sensor readings

MAP sensor in the intake manifold, barometer sensor I'm not sure exactly where but assume it's somewhere before the intake and turbo. With the engine off the readings should be similar like it shows, right around 1000 mbar. But shouldn't the voltage output from the sensors be similar as well?

IMG_4410.JPG

I would guess the MAP sensor has to be able to deal with pressures considerably above and below atmospheric pressure. If your turbo puts out 14.7 psig at full toot, it would have to deal with pressures from around 3 psia to 29.4 psia. A total range of 32.4. The barometric sensor has to deal with what actual barometric pressure you might encounter. A much smaller range. Say 10 psia to 15.5 psia. A range of only 5.5 PSIA So at rest, the voltages from the sensor will be different.

The Baro is a 1 BAR pressure sensor & the MAP is a 3 BAR pressure sensor which can read @ 3 times atmospheric pressure, 300 KPa, Or 43.5 PSI.
Very good. Is 3 BAR a common range for a a MAP sensor??? Auto makers use all sorts of boosts on their engines, some more aggressive than others. Also, I wonder if the barometric sensor might have a slightly higher range than 1 BAR for places below sea level or high pressure weather conditions and higher than atmosphere conditions under the hood at high speed?

Very good. Is 3 BAR a common range for a a MAP sensor??? Auto makers use all sorts of boosts on their engines, some more aggressive than others. Also, I wonder if the barometric sensor might have a slightly higher range than 1 BAR for places below sea level or high pressure weather conditions and higher than atmosphere conditions under the hood at high speed?
Just about any modern turbocharged engine will have a 3 BAR map, This 1 BAR baro sensor looks to have some headroom (Voltage wise) to read above 14.7 psi........ I'm mostly familiar with GM 1-BAR sensors & they put out @ 4.85 volts where I'm located (510 feet) so they obviously don't have any headroom.

Back