Euro vs Extended Performance Syntetics

From what I’ve been reading, the Euro formulas are more robust vs. the regular synthetics. How do the Euro formulas compare to the Extended Performance formulas? I know that I would never do 20k mi. OCI’s, but which one would protect against engine wear better even at low mileage, once a year intervals? The price difference is only like $2-4 between bottles/brands at Walmart.

From what I’ve been reading, the Euro formulas are more robust vs. the regular synthetics. How do the Euro formulas compare to the Extended Performance formulas? I know that I would never do 20k mi. OCI’s, but which one would protect against engine wear better even at low mileage, once a year intervals? The price difference is only like $2-4 between bottles/brands at Walmart.
I'm generally a bigger fan of the Euro AW additive chemistries, as they tend to be more robust. That's not to say the EP formulas aren't excellent, but they have, historically, tended to be lower in this department.

I'm generally a bigger fan of the Euro AW additive chemistries, as they tend to be more robust. That's not to say the EP formulas aren't excellent, but they have, historically, tended to be lower in this department.
Have we asked @High Performance Lubricants if they can make an OVERKILL^2 formula that uses the Euro AW package, PAO/AN/Ester base oils, AND the high TBN of the PCMO line? I’m in for a 5 gallon bucket of that goodness!

Have we asked @High Performance Lubricants if they can make an OVERKILL^2 formula that uses the Euro AW package, PAO/AN/Ester base oils, AND the high TBN of the PCMO line? I’m in for a 5 gallon bucket of that goodness!
I'm going to get a VOA of my oils, just haven't ordered the OAI kits yet, that reminds me, I should get on that, lol.

I’m sure the Euro is plenty stout, but the ToolTime in me says if the 13.5+ TBN is available with all the other goodies, I want it so I can do a 20k+ OCI on my Transit Connect with a few Fram Ultras plus topoffs.
Yeah, my 0W-20 has a TBN of >11 according to the PDS. I assume that's the result of the additive package, which is an extended drain pack.

I like what you guys been posting about the EuroFormula oils. Will likely order some soon. The only places so far I have seen any EuroFormula oils stocked locally is one jug of 5w20 Castrol at Auto Zone & one of Mobil1 5w20 at Orielly Auto Parts. At least those oil prices were not too outrageous. BUT I did pay highway robbery prices for a simple Wix air filter for our 1.5 GDI. No one stocks them near me except once in a while Oriellys has a couple in the back. Todays price was an *OUCH* $44.95 after tax. Will certainly look at placing an order for a couple of those if price is better. Almost sure last one I paid about $22 for.

I like what you guys been posting about the EuroFormula oils. Will likely order some soon. The only places so far I have seen any EuroFormula oils stocked locally is one jug of 5w20 Castrol at Auto Zone & one of Mobil1 5w20 at Orielly Auto Parts. At least those oil prices were not too outrageous. BUT I did pay highway robbery prices for a simple Wix air filter for our 1.5 GDI. No one stocks them near me except once in a while Oriellys has a couple in the back. Todays price was an *OUCH* $44.95 after tax. Will certainly look at placing an order for a couple of those if price is better. Almost sure last one I paid about $22 for.

Uh, Sammy!

You paid $45 for an air filter for a 1.5L fuel diluting Honda?!
Have you remotely considered using something other than a Wix air filter?

Uh, Sammy!

You paid $45 for an air filter for a 1.5L fuel diluting Honda?!
Have you remotely considered using something other than a Wix air filter?
LOL... believe me that was not intentional. I do not look for any name brand air filters. The air filters are usually the one part I pay the least amount for and will buy any cheap generic.
My trouble is that no one in a 15 mile radius around me keeps those filters in stock which is a surprise to me. Surprise cause I see so many Honda Accords driving all over the roads around me. Unless we are the victims of more "supply chain" woes. I also at times have trouble finding an air filter for my 2009 Accord on store shelves. I had no idea what the cost of that filter was until they rang it up. I will have to place me an order for several. I change them a bit more often (with cheap ones) because the wife drives and parks her car at work on a dusty gravel driveway and parking lot.
Yeah Orielly's Boys skinned me good on that one! ouch.

I like to think they’re all Supercars! 😎

In all honesty, this case was for the V70R. It’s a fairly uncommon car.

The S600 and the SL600 will be changed over to the Supercar soon.

They’re both twin turbo V-12s. So, sort of super…

Ahh ok.

Yeah a V-12 is certainly not a common motor to be found in many vehicles.

How much torque and hp does that motor make ?

You could always try any "Euro" dealership. Their oils are usually competitively priced and they have plenty of 20w available.

Back