Engine cooling system fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

The TEE fittings on my N63TU started leaking... They are made out of plastic.... And this engine runs very hot ( two turbos and catalytic converters are under hood on top of the engine )

The OEM fitting is 3/8 on one side and then 1/2 but at the end of the hose... It's 3/8 again.

I found nice aluminum made tees that are 3/8 all around any issues with changing to that, considering that it is restricted at the end to 3/8?

Any issues with aluminum heat soaking and transferring heat back to the hose?

attachment.php

The fitting point to the right is 1/2 size

And then second spot is the Y fitting...

https://dy5vgx5yyjho5.cloudfront.net/images/v2/700x500-qT8G4tsI76x241000.jpg

It looks like above, can I replace it with Tee I can't find this in aluminum...

I'm not sure if there are any fluid dynamics... I know that this car has second coolant reservoir for turbos... And if it runs dry, it will suck coolant from main loop maybe those odd sizes and not typical Y is designed for fluid dynamic suction or something?

I might get those custom made for me... So they are perfect replicas in aluminum

Thx guys

Last edited:
Heat soak? Everything's bathed in 210 degree coolant anyway. Aluminum doesn't hold heat particularly well either.

I would try to match OE shape and diameter as well as possible-- they could have reasons for restrictions here & there.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Heat soak? Everything's bathed in 210 degree coolant anyway. Aluminum doesn't hold heat particularly well either.

I would try to match OE shape and diameter as well as possible-- they could have reasons for restrictions here & there.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking... I guess I will need to get them custom made ?

Thank you...

But what about mixing brass In cooling loop...
Aluminum and brass equals corrosion no ?

Don't you already have brass freeze plugs in the engine block? I would not worry about brass. Even if it's somehow bad, it's going to be way better than plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back