Eneos 0w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys crack me up its a 0/50 so what? chemistry is bound somewhat by SM spec. And yes some additives aswell as base oil will not show up on a lab test they will show improvement if any in use or dynamic lab tests that is where the magic maybe.

I'd run 5-7K do a UOA and I will bet it looks no better than any other 10/30 SM.

Bye the way I kinda like the thick idea I was never happy with 5/20's think they are to thin a 50 wt IMHO would cost some HP but would soften sounds and noise in engine. IMHO no flame or reply needed,

bruce

Quote:

Bye the way I kinda like the thick idea I was never happy with 5/20's think they are to thin a 50 wt IMHO would cost some HP but would soften sounds and noise in engine. IMHO no flame or reply needed

Bruce, didn't you blend up some 0w10 or something like that for Buster (or who was it?) I thought you liked thin???

For gary allen

VOA
Vis @ 40 29.4
Vis @ 100 5.2
VI only 105 (additives lowered it)
Moly 2146 ppm
Zinc 2085 ppm
Phos 1827 ppm
TBN 11.5
HTHS 2.04 (computer model estimate)

Gary any news???

How do you know they don't? Actually it's hard to pin down what they use since they have portable labs that travel with the team. They change oil formulations to suit the situation that day. The Shell lab is pretty impressive and is run by a lady. The Ferrari has a special fitting on the engine. When they take a sample the sample device reads something from the wiring harness at the same time. The sample is never exposed until it gets back to the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back