electrical problem on Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bone stock 2001 Jeep Sahara.The rear passenger brake light won't come on.The indicator and running lights work fine,and the other center mounted and drivers side brake work fine, but no brake or 4 ways just on the passenger side.Cleaned the pin connector (which was green)and put in a new bulb still no go.Thinking of buying new light with fresh connector for $25 but am wondering why there's power when the indicator is on?

By 'indicator light' I'm assuming that's the side marker light in that same rear passenger side light assembly as the brake and running lights. The brake lights are almost always on a different circuit than running and marker lights, even if one bulb with two filaments is used for the for running/brake lights. It sounds like there is a break in that part of the circuit for the brake lights.

PeteTheFarmer said:
By 'indicator light' I'm assuming that's the side marker light in that same rear passenger side light assembly as the brake and running lights. The brake lights are almost always on a different circuit than running and marker lights, even if one bulb with two filaments is used for the for running/brake lights. It sounds like there is a break in that part of the circuit for the brake lights. [/quote The running lights (side marker)work fine and I have blinker (turn indicator) on the brake filament when actuated but no power when the brakes are applied or 4 ways on the passenger side only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back