Edmunds 2007 Truck comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 2007 Tundra on my lot today. Monday I will going to class on them. We will be driveing all of the competition with loaded trailers and boats, doing drag races,panic stopping, water crossing etc..... We will have like equiped Dodge,Ford and Chevy's at the training center. I will let you guys know what I experince. Monday is my training class so it will probably be Tuesday. I have to rebuild my PC so I am typeing this from work right now. Their is no substitute for actualy driveing the competition side by side!

Any truck comparison that would review and treat the trucks like sport cars is a garbage report in my book. Plus they left out the Dodge and Ford. Makes you wonder what their agenda is.

Read the report and it will tell you why the Dodge and Ford were excluded. Better yet I'll tell you. The titan had already won the test against the Ford and dodge and they had not been improved upon.since that test. In other words, the current models would not place in the comparo.

Quote:

Read the report and it will tell you why the Dodge and Ford were excluded. Better yet I'll tell you. The titan had already won the test against the Ford and dodge and they had not been improved upon.since that test. In other words, the current models would not place in the comparo.

Based on the excerpts posted already I have no desire to read the article. when I buy a truck it is for purposes a truck was designed for and not a sports car.

Toyota does not do a lot of price war stuff. They don't do a lot of fleet sales at deep discounts like Ford, GM and D/Chrysler. The big truck market is finally set for a show-down. I don't think there are going to be any more players, not Honda, Mazda or the Koreans. Now that the players are set it's going to be interesting. Toyota has finally arrived and GM has played a very good card. Dodge has what I think is the best engine but needs the Allison transmission. GM and Ford diesels have their supporters but I'd perfer the Cummins. Nissan and Toyota don't have diesels but are capable of filling that gap anytime they choose to do it. The best card to play for Ford and Dodge is price. Anyhow, the game is a-foot, and all our predictions will be wrong, so here's mine. In ten years, game over, Toyota wins.

Quote:

Any truck comparison that would review and treat the trucks like sport cars is a garbage report in my book.

If it weren't for testing the outer limits of a truck's power and handling, no improvements would have been made other than cosmetic in the last 100 years. My dad's 82 Silverado is easily overshadowed by a new Silverado because of testing and finding fault with current designs. Powerplants and suspension systems are what they are today because of testing like this. I wouldn't want my 2006 Nissan Frontier to acclerate or handle like a 1984 Nissan pickup, so they're welcome to burn all the rubber they want in the name of progress.

"In ten years, game over, Toyota wins"

Not at my house, as I'll still be driving my Dodge diesel for another 15 to 20 years.

1sttruck, If you're like my brother he really likes his Dodge with that Cummins engine. He's really just driving a Cummins engine. The brand of truck wrapped around it is less important. He made the statement to me, after seeing the new Tundra that he would rather have a new Chevy with the Cummins engine and an Allison transmission.

It's going to be interesting, watching how the new Tundra does over the rest of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back