Echo SRM 210 Leaking from Air Filter

I have an Echo SRM 210 that is leaking from the carburetor through the air filter. I went through the carb on Friday and I cleaned it. I didn't see anything obviously wrong. It is not leaking from the fuel lines or grommet either.

I plan on taking the carb apart again this weekend if I have time.

Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

I will take apart the carb this weekend and take pics.

Thanks

Did you put the float on upside down and now the needle won’t seat allowing gas to just keep flowing?
No, it was doing that before I took the carb apart. I might take it apart tomorrow.

Oh. Well I would still say something is stopping the needle from seating. Check for a tiny bit of crud on the tip of the needle or the seat.

Oh. Well I would still say something is stopping the needle from seating. Check for a tiny bit of crud on the tip of the needle or the seat.
Thanks, I will. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Update: took carburetor apart again, and cleaned it. Everything seemed fine. I noticed fuel return line was leaking when primer bulb was pressed after I reassembled. I unbolted the carb again to take another look at the leak. And while I was playing with it the fuel line nipple from the pumping diaphragm broke :mad:🤬. I'm ordering a cheep Chinese kit off of Amazon. I'm not sure if I'll take the parts and gaskets from the new kit and put them on the old carb, or if I will replace the entire carburetor with the Chinese one.

Update: replaced entire carb, fuel filter, and air filter.

It seemed like the fuel line for the vent was too far into the tank, and it was leaking out of that. I pulled it out of the tank more.

2.5 months later, still not leaking.

SRM-210 will have the zama carb. Metering diaphram is most likely dried out and stuck / warped upwards pushing the arm on the needle valve. Replace it and see what happens. If not, these carbs are unlike the traditional walbro and have a very low success rate of repair.

SRM-210 will have the zama carb. Metering diaphram is most likely dried out and stuck / warped upwards pushing the arm on the needle valve. Replace it and see what happens. If not, these carbs are unlike the traditional walbro and have a very low success rate of repair.

It seemed like the fuel line for the vent was too far into the tank, and it was leaking out of that. I pulled it out of the tank more.

This is usually what I do. I don't even bother with rebuild kits anymore unless it's on my own equipment. Half of the time the kit costs more than the China carb, and then I'm in a bind if I clean it and put it back together and still have issues on a customer's machine. I hate China parts as much as the next guy, but it's hard to argue with the kits that come with the fuel lines, filter, grommets, and everything needed to fix it for less than a rebuild kit.

Back