Echo EGi 4000 generator spark plug

I just purchase a Echo EGi 4000 generator. I want to pick up a NGK plug for a spare. The ECHO spark plug number is YH 461000260. I tried web searching to
no avail. It is the Chinese 212cc engine. I could pull the plug to see what it is but I was hoping to find the actual spark plug number on line.

My Champion 4000W (196cc) genny specs a BPR6ES on the NGK site and that's what I installed in my Predator 212 powered Husky log splitter.

@mrlawnguy , where you are to cross reference his part number? The 7 is one heat range colder than the 6.

My Champion 4000W (196cc) genny specs a BPR6ES on the NGK site and that's what I installed in my Predator 212 powered Husky log splitter.

@mrlawnguy , where you are to cross reference his part number? The 7 is one heat range colder than the 6.
I cross referenced it from the Torch listed in the manual.

Echo put a Chinese engine in that?
The whole thing says made in China. If I had to do it over again I would have gone with the Ryobi version. A lot cheaper and looks the same except the echo has a bluetooth and a nice info setup about fuel, load, remote stop and other goodies.

I am going to pull the plug today and see what they are using. I keep seeing the NGK 6 or 7 being used in these 212 cc engines . I guess it depends on application.

Good plan. Either way, both our suggestions are only once heat range difference. I don't think it will matter.
FWIW, I have no fouling or leaness on my splitter's plug which can run a full weekend of hard use depending on the log load.

Today I pulled the plug. I had a problem getting plug out. I had to work plug back and forth to get it to break past a couple of turns. Low and behold to me the plug showed 2 turns of galling close to top of the plug. Plug is a LG F7TC. I hope to replace it with a NGK BP7ES. Never ever had this problem before. I think I will get 2 plugs. Need to research what I should do to replace plug.

Went to 2 auto parts stores. Nobody had the NGK BP7ES in stock . I ended up getting two Autolite 63 which is made in...China. Got home , used a little WD40 on plug, slowly screwed it in, removed, clean threads off and did it again. After second time I cleaned off all wd 40 and installed the autolite with out issues. Running gen as I type. A couple of notes 1- NGK does not make the BP7ES anymore. It is replaced with the BPR7ES( I wished the auto parts place told me this) 2- I find the heavy duty spark plug socket to rub on the valve cover. I will get a cheap stamp one like what comes with the HF 212 engines. Finally I will replaced the Autolite with the NGK BPR7ES when I pick one up tomorrow.

Went to 2 auto parts stores. Nobody had the NGK BP7ES in stock . I ended up getting two Autolite 63 which is made in...China. Got home , used a little WD40 on plug, slowly screwed it in, removed, clean threads off and did it again. After second time I cleaned off all wd 40 and installed the autolite with out issues. Running gen as I type. A couple of notes 1- NGK does not make the BP7ES anymore. It is replaced with the BPR7ES( I wished the auto parts place told me this) 2- I find the heavy duty spark plug socket to rub on the valve cover. I will get a cheap stamp one like what comes with the HF 212 engines. Finally I will replaced the Autolite with the NGK BPR7ES when I pick one up tomorrow.
I didn't even know there was a such thing as a BP7ES. Oh well. I hope you can find the BPR7ES.

You can use a BCPR7ES which is identical on the business end but uses a 5/8 socket. This may be easier to remove.

I always put anti-seize on my plugs. I never have trouble getting them out. When I buy OPE new or used I remove the plug right away and lube it. I usually change it assuming I can find an E3 to fit.

Just my $0.02

NGK BPR6ES/BPR7ES or their equivalents from Denso, Bosch, Champion or Autolite all work in Chonda engines. FWIW, if you can find them. NGK G-Power single-platinum plugs work fine, BPR6EGP is what I’ve been installing for the Honda GX and Chineseium I care for.

the resistor(the R in the p/n) is a nice touch, not really needed but won’t hurt either for RF suppression, especially in a generator.

Back