EaO filter cartridge for VW TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how many are interested but AMSOIL is working on the VW TDI cartridge as a "priority project." I don't know a lot about this filter but they say there are "technical limitations" when using EaO synthetic media in small filter cartridges.

Have them make a long longer filter and cartridge, if there is room.

Or, a remote filter adapter could be used to mount a standard cannister anywhere you want.

Is the media so restrictive that they can't get enough oil flow in a small cartridge????

The EaO88 (Ford 6.0L) is cartridge but its big. The 10 and 11 are tiny spin on filters. It seems the cartridge filter in my ATV is bigger than those 2. A friend with a Duramax Chevy and a Saturn view as comparing the filters for both, the Vue filter is a small one but has a higher MSRP then the filter for the Duramax.

This image I pulled from Wix site for a 2005 Jetta diesel.

-

My 05 Cadi CTS uses a cartridge and Amsoil tells me it could be a long wait for an EaO due to new model (since 03) and only about 60,000 sold a year (2005 best).

[ June 25, 2006, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

Small filters???? Heck you mean to tell me that the TDI cartridge is smaller than an EaO10 or EaO13, now thoses are small filters.

The last time that I talked with AMSOIL, at the AMSOIL U, they were going to look at some test products of the Catridge filters for the VW. Hopefully soon we should see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back