E15 spotted

Kwik trip, south east wisconsin
88 octane, 3 cents cheaper than E10

I went for the E10
PXL_20210101_030418142.jpg

PXL_20210101_030653158.jpg

I find it interesting how they say "2001 and up" My 2017 Subaru owners manual explicitly says do not use E15

At only 3 cents cheaper a gallon, it will end up costing you more in lost gas mileage than E10 87 octane or being equal at best at cost per mile.

People will automatically pump it to save 60 cents on a 20 gallon fill up and have no idea if their mileage changed for a net $ loss. And think since it's there it must be safe for their car.

It used to be 10 cents cheaper when it first came around. Then it was 5 cents cheaper. Every since March when gas prices all tanked, it went to 3 cents. And of course as prices have slowly rose back up, they have stayed at 3 cents.....

I run it when sheetz has special on it

last time it was crazy.. and made no sense but car says its ok and I dont notice any difference.. not even in mpg.

this was on november 18 2020

gassheetz.jpg

It used to be 10 cents cheaper when it first came around. Then it was 5 cents cheaper. Every since March when gas prices all tanked, it went to 3 cents. And of course as prices have slowly rose back up, they have stayed at 3 cents.....

They were building a market so they could make a profit center out of the lower priced fuel.

Certain stations with e15 are 20-25 cents a gallon cheaper than everywhere else,

I like stopping to fuel with e15 when shopping in Appleton, last time I did it local gas was $2.09 but e15 was $1.79 in Appleton

Amazing what 16 miles does to gas prices.

My Volt and Honda like the stuff, much lower knock count, if I didn’t know better summer fuel economy seems to be slightly better on 88 than 87

People will automatically pump it to save 60 cents on a 20 gallon fill up and have no idea if their mileage changed for a net $ loss. And think since it's there it must be safe for their car.

On e15 Our stations have flashy labels with an Orange/ red warning about flexfuel and the e15 is by the e85 handle.

Last edited:
A few of the Kwik Trip locations have the E15 quite a bit cheaper. They dropped the mid-grade a couple of years ago. They also are reliable at having E0 Premium when you get out of the E10 mandated area.
Great stations! I'll go out of my way to stop.

Back