Dura Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to tell you this but Dura Lube is old school like Slick 50, I think the FTC went after them because it did not really work, if it was the best stuff everyone on here would be using it, stay away from this stuff as you will see no benefit from using it.

Originally Posted By: c3po
I hate to tell you this but Dura Lube is old school like Slick 50, I think the FTC went after them because it did not really work, if it was the best stuff everyone on here would be using it, stay away from this stuff as you will see no benefit from using it.

I could see the FTC argument being more valid if it was last year the this stuff went on but most of the stuff is 8-10 years old. Also the FTC went after a lot of stupid claims, which if anyone really tried they would deserve to have whatever happens happen, such as if you ran some additive in the motor oil and then drained the oil the engine would still run fine. If anyone did that and their engine seized it would be deserved. I know for Prolong the FTC said the engine seized in like 13 seconds but I have seen an engine drained of oil and ran until it seized and it went longer then 13 seconds and it was a beater engine in some beater car. That was without any additive, just drained whatever old was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back