Dull Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been driving my car on road full of construction worker's trucks for since last four years, color work on my front bumper is damaged pretty well. pretty much like lots of small stones flying around makes a chip in bumper. Right now if i try to feel it with my hand it feels like "take a pin and a piece of a plastic toy and start nabbing pin on that piece. see the results after about 15 20 minutes" thats exectly how my bumper is, any suggestion how to cure this?

It may be taken down by aggressive compounding but in all likelyhood, it will need a repaint
frown.gif

If the damage is that bad and you're facing nothing but a repaint then you could try your hand at wetsanding the paint. It would help if your paint isn't of the clearcoated variety. This is a tricky thing to do and you have to do it properly and cautiously, so I would suggest some careful reading up on this subject first. Just if you "have nothing to lose".

depends on the car. Many of the newer ones are just painted. You have to be carefull how deep you sand or buff. When I restored my daughter's MGB it has a solit black bumper. I was able to sand it down all the way to a smooth surface, buff it, and it came out like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back