Duck protestor found guilty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year, the rabid few run out into duck hunting areas and make fools of themselves or worse.

Laws have existed for ages making their antic illegal, and just recently, first time, one has actually been convicted of an offence.

http://www.fga.net.au/duck-protestor-found-guilty/w3/i1059009/

Quote:
A female anti hunting protestor has been found guilty in the Magistrates Court at Morwell (6/6/2011) on the following charges;

(1) Entering into the water of a specified hunting area before 10.00am.

(2) Hindering five hunters.

(3) Using noise producing equipment in a State Game Reserve to the unreasonable inconvenience of another person (annoying hunters by blowing whistles).

The offences occurred on the opening day of the 2010 season at Dowds Morass State Game Reserve near Sale. The protestor was found guilty on all 3 charges and fined $750 and ordered to pay court costs of over $120, she now has a criminal record.

This is the first time that a person has been found guilty of hindering a hunter under 58 E of the Wildlife Act 1975 and sends a strong message to those who choose to break the human safety legislation. FGA would like to thank all the members who provided quality evidence and photographs to assist the DSE.

Sweet justice! In the old days, this type of protestor would have become targets themselves (not that I support it), or at least had warning shots fired over their heads. I personally question the wisdom of harrassing hunters with loaded shotguns. Their self-restrain is admirable.

Every state in the US also has hunter harrassment laws. Of course, animal rights activists still break these laws, complain about the laws restricting their "Freedom of Speech," and receive sympathy from the media and Hollywood.

If she protested in a civilized manner, I would have no problem with what she's doing. Good arrest, good prosecution.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
It's sad that people protesting such barbaric behavior get prosecuted.

What barbaric behaviour??????

Do you eat meat? If so, where does it come from?

I can assure you, the animals I take in the field for my table suffer very little compared to many of the feed lot cattle, or poultry factory chickens.

That's right killing for meat is barbaric. Where do you get your meat? All my meat comes packed in plastic wrapped Styrofoam...

If you don't like hunting ....don't hunt.
I don't care for hunting but I have no problem with those who hunt LEGALLY.
She should MHOFB.........

Originally Posted By: pbm
If you don't like hunting ....don't hunt.
I don't care for hunting but I have no problem with those who hunt LEGALLY.
She should MHOFB.........
+1000 raised to infinity.

And the fact is that unless this guy is a vegetarian that eats no meat then he's a complete hypocrite. Meat isn't some fruit that's picked from a meat tree. It comes from animals that are taken to a slaughterhouse, killed, and butchered. At least a animal being hunted in the wild has a chance, as opposed to the animal lead to the slaughterhouse.

So CivicFan, unless you're a vegan [censored] then you're just another spoiled hypocrite than has never though about where that hamburger comes from.

Harrassing hunters in the field is the wrong venue for protesting the killing of animals, and it's potentially dangerous. Hunting is legal in the proper season, and hunters have paid their state to obtain a legal hunting license. Animal rights protestors should contact their legislators.

I encourage those who think hunting is barbaric behavior to learn about wildlife conservation programs. Regulated hunting prevents the overpopulation and cruel starvation of species such as deer. Wildlife conservation also protects endangered species from extinction. In fact, "The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation is considered to be one of the most successful conservation models in the world." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildlife_conservation

Anti-hunters will always say hunting by individual sport hunters is barbaric.

Why then, if some animal is deemed a pest, such as Canada geese around a golf course, or coyotes in the suburbs, they are almost always fully supportive of the Government sending guys to shoot these animals en masse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back